Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PANEL VIEW 600

5 posts in this topic

I am programming a pv 600 with version 3.8 panelbuilder. I have a screen set at a resolution of 5x 5y. I need to move one of my pushbuttons up just a little bit for clearance, when I click and drag it moves a minimum of 5 dots. Is there anyway to just move the object up one or two pixels instead of five?

You can either adjust the grid size by right clicking on the screen then slect properties to get to the grid adjustment, or you can turn off "Snap to Grid" Under the "Arrange" uncheck "Snap to Grid"

Assuming you are using a "touchscreen" panelview, regardless of screen resolution, the panelviews touchscreen grid will not allow pushbuttons (and other objects that rely on the user touching the screen) to be placed anywhere you want. They must be within the touch grid of the screen. This little annoyance has caught me before. I think the new Panelview Plus's have a higher touch grid resolution.

One neat trick for getting more buttons on screen than there is space for is to define the button, and then "turn off" its visibility in the object's "options tab". The button still exists, and the associated F key will still work...it is just now taking up no space on the screen. All you have to do is then have a text object that lists in a more compact space the key functions and allocations. eg F1 Pumps F2 Times F3 Edit Another simple trick that I use all the time to move objects is to simply select the object and then holding the ALT key and then use the arrow keys to move the object one pixel at a time in the direction you want. Of course objects like touch screen push buttons will still only occupy the touchgrid as 93lt1 points out...but it makes getting all other objects on the screen a lot quicker to line up. I find using the align tools ok, but there are more mouse clicks to get there. Edited by PhilipW