Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motioncontroller

IC693MDL655 to breakout cable

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, Is there a way to bring the 32 inputs of the MDL655 out to a circuit board? Would this be a Phoenix or Weidmuller thing? Does anyone have an idea? Cheers

Yes, you need two cables and two breakout terminal blocks. There are cables in 0.5m, 1.0m, 2m, and 3m lengths. They have a 90 degree cable entry into the connector, so there is a RH and LH version of each length. Part numbers are IC693CBL329, IC693CBL331, IC693CBL333 for the 1m, 2m, 0.5m LH version and IC693CBL330, IC693CBL332, IC693CBL334 for the 1m, 2m, 0.5m RH version. The breakout terminal is part number IC693ACC337. The 3m cable also comes in a LH and RH version, but it only has a connector on the end that plugs into the PLC module. The other end is unterminated. Details may be found in the manual GFK-0898

STUDY the terminal block REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good that Mr. Bailey mentions above. It's the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Picture this terminal block mounted in a panel vertical. Half of the card, the I/O addresses go from decreasing number to increasing number say from top to bottom like normal. Then the other half of this terminal block goes from increasing to decreasing numbers from bottom to top. Then your I/O is normally ODD number say I/1 or Q/1 is on the top row, and your EVEN numbers say I/2 or Q/2 are on the bottom terminal. I can't remember the odds and evens for sure, but you should never have an odd and an even number on the same row. Anyway....just wanted to give you a heads up. Here is kind of a picture I am trying to say.

Boy and I thought the AB Controllogix was bad for numbering theirs right to left

Chris, that's an excellent heads-up. To say that the documentation for those modules/cables/terminals is confusing is a gross understatement. It aint rocket science, but the people who wrote the documentation tried hard to make it seem like it is.