Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gtsuport

EDS Files

13 posts in this topic

Can anyone point me in a direction to locate EDS files for Omron DeviceNet products! I have just spent the past hour plus trying to find them. They were located on the old US site, not anymore. Tech Support says to check www.odva.org, don't find them there either (I could be missing them somehow). I tried checking the European, Austrailian, Canadian and Singapore websites also with no luck. You would think you should be able to find these at the manufacturers website. I may have missed them, but they don't seem to be in any obvious location. Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks, gtsuport

http://www.omron247.com Goto products and find the product, the click on the "Product Documention" tab and scroll down the the Data Sheet area. The EDS files are there though I'm not sure why Which product are you looking for?

Yes a few of them are, but not most, from what I could see. I was looking for the NE1A and DST1 specifically. However, I did not find very many. On the old website there was an entire page of just EDS files. I'll go take another look. Thanks for the help!

Sorry I couldn't help. Really didn't think I could but thought it would be cool to get one up on ya so I gave it a shot Doesn't look like it is there http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/b...56b5?SearchView Only ones for those products http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/b...56b5?SearchView

Dead right, cannot find the dang things anywhere. Have lodged a complaint on the Omron Ozz website. eds search yields only a pile of nonsense at odva.org also. It used to be really easy to find them there and on the Omron sites.

I sure appreciate your efforts!!

Overall I like the new Omron site. Easier for me to get around. You don't like overall? The ODVA's site hasn't been user friendly in years.

Hi, NE1A and DST1 are safety products, they can only be programmed with Omron Devicenet Safety configurator. This configurator also contains the EDS files. They can not be used in other configurators or Cx-Integrator. This is to maintain the level 4 safety requirements.

OGS, Thanks for the information, that explains the why those EDS files are not available, but what about the others? Let me explain why I was looking for those files. I have borrowed a demo unit from Omron with the NE1A, DST1 and it also has a NSJ-DRM. The NSJ is giving me a d0 error on the DRM, that I was trying to fix. The NSJ is suppose to monitor and display status of the safety inputs and outputs, But due to the error the status is never updated on the display. Not sure what happened to the demo, but it obviously needs to be fixed. Tech support indicated (second call) that I would need to modify the setup in the NE1A, and I do not have the software to do that. TWControls, The website is easier to find product, but in my opinion, it is more difficult to find technical information, which is what I use it for most of the time. BobB, You have confirmed that at least I have not completely lost my mind! I appreciate everyones input on this. Hopefully the EDS files will be available in the future. Thanks, gtsuport

I guess since I'm a newbie the new Omron site is better since I don't need the deep information.

Hi, I have been away for a while, You need the devicenet safety configurator to get the settings in the NE1A and DST1 modules. You can also setup the CJ1W-DRM21 there. When you have the settings, you can also use these in Cx-Integrator and download only to the master. I don't think the NSJ-DRM is available in the safety configurator, but maybe you can try the CJ1W-DRM instead (should be the same) When not, the setting can then be used in integrator

NSJ5-DRM is here http://technicalsupport.europe.omron.com/e...echnicalsupport select: library files by type and then: eds-files

I am glad someone has been able to find some EDS files on an Omron site somewhere but there are not many there.!!!!