Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest IFKT

Omron CPM1A password

15 posts in this topic

I have an old CPM1A from my precessor, I need to access to the program file but found that I need the password to access. Since no one in the company have record of the password, any one can help to "unprotect" the PLC? Note: I have CX programmer ver 3 running on Windows XP Edited by IFKT

:-8 I do not believe that their is any way around the password. It is implemented to Protect the intellectual property of OEM's, programmers etc. If their was a way around it, it is certainly not going to be publisied. With CX-Programmer though you can clear the memory and download a new program. OR if your company already has a copy of the program then, look at the ladder logic printout for the SYS 49 function, It should be the first line of code. Examine the last parameter of the instruction should look something like #123F, that should be your password.

Thanks. But to the best of your knowledge - is there a password finder software that I can get to brutely trial and test the password in sequence? If yes, please recommend the site or contact, I will be interested to deal with hte

Hi!, I have a software that I believe it is the solution for you. Is a small VB program that in less than 1 hour can desprotect an OMRON PLC. Sorry, my english is too poor, I´m spanish... Send me an e-mail to: **************************** Bye...

Guest_binguero: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Although I am not totally against the passing of security type information by two individuals by email, please refrain from posting the actual solution in a public forum. I am sure that IFKT could use your help.

OK, no problem. We will treat the information by e-mail. We have only used the forum like form gives to put on in contact. Thank you.

Thanks for your understanding. Please feel free to become a member of our community. We would welcome your experience.

I am producing a very important program for the CPM/1A and I need the protection. To find it can be cracked is VERY poor. Anybody recommend other PLC's that can't be cracked? Robin robin@ivo.co.uk

The CQM1HCPU51/61 CJ1-G/H CS1-G/H Can't be cracked IF YOU TRY TO RELEASE THE PASSWORD MORE THEN 5 TIMES WITH THE WORNG PASSWORD YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RELEASE THE PASSWORD ANY MORE EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE RIGHT PASSWORD

Right, this is good information. Any ideas if those programs in my CPM1A can be converted for the CQM series with the CX programmer?

Conversion is a simple task where by you double click on the CPU icon in work space editior, change the cpu type to the cqm1h type, click settings to pick the right cpu model number ie 21, 51, 61. The program will prompt is all right to convert. click yes (ok). Once converted you will have to do some re-addressing. The outputs are the main area of concern. In the CPM range the outputs start at address 10.00, 10.01 or if you like chennel 10. If you had an cpm1edr1 expander then this will follow on for the output addressing to be channel 11 (11.00, 11.01). The cqm outputs start at channel 100 (ie 100.00, 100.01 etc) then for the next 16pt output card the output card would be cahnnel 101 and so on. SO using the edit tools u can use the "change all" option. or the replace option.

Password ??? My mail: ******************** Thanks, I need it immediately!

HELLO BINGUERO!! I am sorry, i dont speak Spanish. Can you give me a sofware to unlock desprotect an Omron PLC. I am using PLC-CQ1H and CQM1. Thank you very much!!! My mail:********************************* Edited by PdL

From the Omron FAQ: Please discuss the above by PM or E-mail.