Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

Time and date adjust via TP170A

8 posts in this topic

Is it possible to adjust the Time and date on the PLC via my TP170A? It's a bit of a pain having to go online with the PC to adjust this. Thanks in advance, Colin

Is the PLC a 200 range or 300/400 range? Not sure about the 200, but the 300/400 range PLC's have blocks that allow allow changes to the PLC clock. I don't have my S7 program here so cannot be specific. I'm presuming that the PLC can read the TP170A clock as well here.

It's a 314. I don't think that the TP170A has a clock. I set it up to display the time on the PLC, but if my factory has a power cut, it losses the correct time. The PLC doesnt have a battery so it doesn't retain the time and date. I'm sure that you can do it through the TP170B.

So you want to enter a value h:m:s into the HMI and press a button and that becomes the PLC clock time OK thats possible, there are SFC's for clocks SFC 0 - Setting the TOD "SET_CLK" SFC 1 - Reading the Time "READ_CLK" SFC 48 - Synchronising Slave Clocks "SNC_RTCB" SFC 100 - Setting the Time-of-Day and the TOD Status "SET_CLKS". There a an SFC manual for S7, SFC_e.pdf, which can be found on the Siemens site, http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...amp;treeLang=en

The TP170A hasn't got a built in clock. I take it that what you are explaining is for the clock on the HMI to set the time on the PLC. Sorry if I'm a bit thick, I'm kind of self taught I

I took it from you previous posts that your HMI has no clock. What I am suggesting is that you could set up a page where the HMI could display the PLC clock current time. From that page have user entries for hours, minutes and seconds and on pressing a button have these figures entered into the clock. By using the above SFC's this could be achievable.

You couldn't send me some sample code could you? I seem to be struggling with it a bit. What do I need to add to the program to adjust the time and date? I've looked at SCF0, 48 and 100 but they dont really tell you how to program them? I think I need a training course!

The attachment can be imported, I have used FB100 and UDT1, you can re-address if you have already used these before compiling. Hope it helps. datetime.zip