Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

CQM1H and VB.net

11 posts in this topic

From PM this morning:

Amazing !! This guy typed the exact same PM to me

To my knowledge there are not yet any good commercial .Net libs for communicating with omron plcs. The ones i've tried are lacking. We're currently making one that will be able to handle CIO/HR/DM. It will support ethernet and serial communication. To answer your question about the serial communication in .net: SerialPort sp = new SerialPort("COM5", 9600, Parity.Even, 7, StopBits.Two); Also, Compolet is activeX based? ActiveX isn't the best in .NET just so you know.

I feel left out. I thought I was always copied on the mass PMs I must be loosing my touch

Doesn't Omron's CX-Server Lite include a .Net communications control and example? Does anyone have this installed to check or has used this?

I've never used Compolet. I would see if they have a Host Link driver.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s...serialport.aspx

Compolet V2003 is compatible with .NET.

Using .net 2 with visual studio 2005 I found I needed to turn on 'RtsEnable' to establish any serial comms (this made sense but it took me a while to find the setting) - this was using the serialport component of .net 2.

My point is that you should stay away from ActiveX components if possible if you're using .NET

Hmm, well that may or may not be true. However, Compolet 2003 and FINS Gateway 2003 are specifically written for use with .NET as they are true .NET assemblies, and as such do not require any of the interoperability wrappers that legacy ActiveX controls do. Andy.