Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firefox_plc

CX-Supervisor vs InTouch

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, We are in the process of choosing an HMI to work with an Omron CJ1M PLC (~130 I/Os, nothing too fancy). I've got a little experience with Ladder/Grafcet on a Modicon (Telemecanique) PLC but I've never used or designed an HMI. I would like to know which one is better between InTouch and CX-Supervisor. The points we are checking: - Symbol database - Trends - Datalogging InTouch seems to be a very reliable product but cost more than the CX-Supervisor solution (we are on a semi-tight budget so the ~4K$ makes a difference). We would like to go with CX... What are your suggestions? Thanks!

CX-Supervisor will do what you want as far as I can see but the trend pages have to be viewed with a viewer. They are "OK" but nothing flash. I do not use Intouch and cannot comment but if really good trend pages are a high priority, I would strongly suggest Citect. It is not cheap but has the best trend pages in the business.

My suggestion! OMRON! Intouch and cx Symbol databases are equivalent (Symbols are made from other companies and are imported, if you want extra, you can buy it or get it, "or make it") Trend... Intouch better Dattalogging... CX better My experience... quick overview CX: nice program, VB code support(example - VB communication command; very usefull), sometimes CPU process eater, recommended for OMRON products (but works with others too) Intouch: simple and good program, I had lots (hordes) of communication problems , not stable program.

I agree. 130 I/Os is well within CX-Supervisor envelope and you can export your symbols from CX-Programmer to save re-entering them all (I hate doing that!) You should be able to get hold of a 30 day trial version for free from your Salesman to try it out. Bertie.