Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smo

NS5-TQ00-V2 PORT BARCODE SCANNER

3 posts in this topic

Hi there Has anyone ever used Port B, as a scanner port ?, I've set comms. @ 9600 8 1 none, made up a cable to connect to data logic scanner. It does'nt work !! If created a screen on the NS5-TQ00-V2 hmi, using an ascii text input. this nothing regards Smo

I was able to use a Microscan MS-3 Laser bar code reader to an Omron NSJ8 on port B. The scanner must have a Preamble = STX, Postamble = ETX. and the baudrate, parity, stop bit(s), etc.. must be matched on the scanner to Port B settings. Omron RS232 ports are also "pinned" different then PC ports of the same type. Make sure you account for this in the connection cable. In CX-Desighner you want to create a String Display and Input functional object. Under the Keyboard tab in the proporties settings you must select "Other Input Method" as the Input method. In order to read the bar code into the functional object you must also set focus in the String Display and Input functional object(usually done by touching the object). The bar code will now be read directly into the String Display and Input. In order to transfer the Ascii string you must also create a control button to enter the input value. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Could you give me more details about the control button?

When I connect the reader to my computer, I am able to receive the data correctly in the terminal software. Likewise, if I connect the computer to the HMI and I send the same data (STX......ETX), it is showed properly in the HMI; however, if I connect the barcode reader to the HMI, apparently, I receive nothing after the reading... I don't understand it.

I have tried several pinout for the db9 connector. Now, I am sure that the problem is not in the wiring.

Thank you. Best regards