Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hammou

OMRON cpm2a and WINCC

8 posts in this topic

HI everybody, Would you please tell me if is it possible to interface an OMRON cpm2a automate with HMI system bil with WINCC.If yes , witch driver should i use and were to find. With many thanks

I think you would need to look towards and OPC driver which supports Omron Host Link.

WinCC flexible has Omron host link drivers built in for all series of HMI's and Scada except for the Micro Panel HMI. Check your software documentation for driver info.

Didn't expect that one Sure ?? Siemens supports Omron ? If you think you saw it all....

Well, I better clarify because I'm no expert... WinCC Flexible is the software used to program the Siemens operator panels. It can also be PC based Scada. This software has the Omron drivers built in. WinCC Process Visualization is the full blown advanced Scada only software. I don't believe it has the Omron drivers, so OPC would be required. I assumed hammou was using flexible and an operator panel, but maybe not.

HI EVERYBODY, I'm still using Wincc explorer v5.0 sp2, the omron DRIVER does not exist but it seems complicated to work with OPC driver. May be i will change by another HMI compatible with Omron Thanks a lot

Have you looked at their "CX-Supervisor" product? You should be able to get a 30 day free trial from your Salesman/distributor. Bertie.

...and what about driver for WinCC to connect CJ1/CS1/CJ2 ? is there any? i see in pcs7 there is driver for allen bradley.