Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edpuente

FINS UPD for Ethernet

16 posts in this topic

Has any one already made the FINS UDP for ethernet sample code in this site work ? That is, reading data from the PLC into the application int the PC?

hi, the code works great, have you configured the ethernet unit of the plc? by

I put togheter a paper that I hope would work as a step by step document we can share at the forum, describing how I configured everything, from the unit to the PC. Nevertheless at the very end of the document the problem is explainned, which is that I can not execute any command succesfully. In the paper I made and example with the Echo Test, but unsuccesfully Steps_to_implement_The_UPD.doc. Any help to find out the problem? I´ll really appreciate it. Thanks Regards Edgar

I make only steps 1 to 3 but without ip address table, Conversion Auto (Dynamic) instead. I get good results, sorry but i can help you more. Suerte. Saludos

Hello Edgar, I tried the sample with your data, and have got the same result: Response Code 90 05. Error code highest bit: #9000 means "Relay node error" (possibly caused by Wrong target address, Routing table, FINS and IP address conversion mistake). This means the unit number has not been found on the PLC. You can send the 0801 FINS command also to the CPU, then you have to give unit number 00 as destination. If you really want to sent it to the Ethernet unit with unit number 2, you have to give "12" as unit number (2 + 10 hex) Please change "Remote Node Parameters/FINS/Unit" from 02 to 12 (or 00 for the CPU). By the way, Normally everbody uses 0501 to test the connection (send to the CPU). Harald Edited by Harald_Brueck

Thank you, it worked just fine. I wonder though, I haven´t found the response code 90 05 anywhere. How did you know about it? Thank you very much. Regards Edgar

The last sentence in you .doc-file was: "but not able to receive the information requested." See the purple square in the pic, that is the error code. If everything would be o.k., 00 00 should be there.

Thank You! But what I really meant is where in the manuals do you find the meaning of the 90 05 code. I found the part of the 10 Hex + Node (In the fins commands manual), but not the meaning of the 90 05 . Regards Edgar

You are right, it is not in a manual, you have to ask your local OMRON technical support, for these special error codes. Harald

Hi Harld: Maybe you can help me.... When I send the command 0501 I have the following nice response : Header: ICF RSV GCT DNA DA1 DA2 SNA SA1 SA2 SID MRC SRC MEC SEC C0 00 02 03 03 03 03 02 18 00 05 01 00 00 Data: 434A 3157 2D45 544E 3231 2020 2020 2020 | CJ1W-ETN21 2020 2020 5631 2E33 3120 2020 2020 2020 | V1.31 2020 2020 2020 2020 80AF 4902 FFFF FF00 | €¯I.ÿÿÿ. 2580 1000 0000 0A32 D1DB | %€.....2ÑÛ But when I ask data such as : 010182000A000001, which should read the data at DM10, then I receive only: ICF RSV GCT DNA DA1 DA2 SNA SA1 SA2 SID MRC SRC MEC SEC C0 00 02 03 03 03 03 02 18 00 01 01 04 01 I understand that 04 01 is no recognizing the instruction.... Should I write a ladder program at the PLC side? What am I doing wrong? Any idea? Regards Edgar Edited by edpuente

Hi Edgar, there is no ladder program in the PLC required. Only destination unit number (DA2) has to be: "00", to address the CPU, where DM10 sits in. You can make also source unit number to "00". Harald

Thak you Harald, is working fine now.....

"010182000A000001, which should read the data at DM10, then I receive only" Can you please break down this code as to what each number represents. As an example what if I wanted to read/write to the H memory locations. Is there a manual you can refer me to? Thanks

FINS Command Reference @ MrPLC.com CS/CJ Communication Commands @ MrPLC.com