Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davidtorati

Step 5 cpu102

9 posts in this topic

Hello I have Simatic S5 100u CPU102 . what are the part numbers/names of : 1. programming software ? 2. programming cable ? where can I buy these ? Thanks David

One source would be www.fast-soft.com, who makes a package and resells a cable for this PLC. Not sure if Siemens still sells it or if it's considered obsolete by them. I know the S5 is.

Hi david, The part number for the cable you require is 6ES5 734-1BD20, it connects from the parallel port on your pc as a standard. If you require any other way of connecting to your pc you would need to purchase seperate converters, unfortunately. I know Siemens still has these, had to replace ours 2 months ago after it got some heavy plant condition treatment. Regarding the software you would have to contact your local Siemens vendor to assist as these items are not available in any siemens catalog anymore although it is still available from them on special request. You could always go for S5 for windows being sold by other companies, they normally cost in the region of 400 Euro's. I use the version from TTI, they have a demo version at www.ttintl.com if you want to try it out first. Happy hunting!

The part number quoted is for the RS232 port and not the Parallel port. Also look at www.process-informatik.de for a USB to S5 cable. Regards Steve

hi... anyone can help me? i have software PLC S5, but i dont have the authorization CD where i can get that? thanks a lot for help...

Contact Siemens and state your company details and the serial number of the software. Then they will send you a new license floppy for a minimal fee. :)

You need to contact Siemens. The authorization is specific to the software serial number. You can't just download a new one, at least not legally. And if you are trying to get it on the forums here, that's against the terms of service of this website (software piracy). So start with the local Siemens office and see if they can help you.

maybe the problem is, i just have the copy of that software i'll try to contact local Siemens, but they difficult to find that.. thanks..

What is really important to store in a safe place, is the license certificate (proof og ownership), not the program or even the license floppy. With the license certificate you can get both the program and the license floppy resent from Siemens.