Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CTSoft

1769-HSC max. count problem

9 posts in this topic

Looking for help!!! In RSLogix500 IO configure for 1769-HSC, I set the counter#0 maximum count greater than 400,000 after downloading ,it fault the processor. Any user come across this problem??? and if i want to set the value to 2,000,000 on this max.count ,how to do it?

Exactly what fault are you getting?

see the technote Minimum Configuration for the 1769-HSC module. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

The Major Error code : D89h = Expansion I/O module 13 generated an error. Same error occur ,even I follow the minimum configuration which is get it from AB knowledgebase. As long the maximum count value greater than 400,000. It will faulted.

I see that you are trying to input too large a value. The maximum value for the 1769-HSC is 40,000 not 400,000. I have attached a KB from AB. EB224671.pdf

40,000 is not the max count I think that was just an example in the settings. Here is the PDF 1769_um006__en_p.pdf Edited by Bob O

Thanks to all guys. I had been trying hard for last 2 weeks to resolve this problem. Seen I don't have luck man. Do not know software RSlogix500 version 7.00, it is suitable for configure HSC module REV A?

Download you program and then cycle the power to the controller and see what happens. I am going off memory and using a 1500.

mmh... never try before. What i always did is, after download the program, I click answer yes to allow the controller go to run mode, then immediately the processor went to fault. If I change the max. count value back to 400,000. Same method i used. It running fine.