Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimdi4

File Not Found CL-5k

7 posts in this topic

After editing the PLC program in C-Logix 5000 (V10.07.00), and making an attemp to save after successfully saving all day long, I get a message indicating the file aI have been working on all day , is not found...I have eveen tried to do a "save as" but still get the same error message...The only way out, was to exit and not save, but I have to redo the work I just lost...any ideas??/ (see attched meassge) FILE_NOT_FOUND.doc

I've heard of this kind of error before but I don't know what caused it in those cases. Since you'd been prudently saving your work it sounds like you didn't lose much. If your *.ACD file cannot be saved, try saving as a *.L5K export file. When you re-open the *.L5K file the software will rebuild a *.ACD format file.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you were saving to a network drive, and the network went down.I can't determine that from your posted error message because it does not show the target drive and file name. If you tried to do yur "save as" to a different drive and file name, I'd say you experienced a bug. Bill

Did the Filename contain Spaces? Did you use "Save As" before to write to a floppy drive?

Actually what I did is what Ken recommended above, and that seems the only way to handle the program glitch....thanks for replying...