Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Critt

CJ1M problem

7 posts in this topic

I have a omron CJ1M Cpu 13 that I can't seem to get into run/monitot mode. I am using CX programmer version 7.01. I get the following error: "Failed to change the operating mode the operation mode may be still changing in the PLC"

Is the ERR/ALM LED on the CPU lit ? I am unknown to this error and thought it was interesting so did a little research in the W393 CJ1 operation manual. I am thinking it might be the following. How do you connect to the CPU ? Directly serial ? If you are connecting by means of a FINS network like Ethernet or CLK it could be FINS write protection is enabled on the CPU which prevents you from changing the operating mode remotely, as well as other operations.

No alarm light is on... so the dip switch for memory protection should be on or off? I connect using serial

Hello Crit, A bit of a guess but, are there any SIOU or Inner Boards fitted to the PLC? It just may be that one of these boards is not initialising properly. Go to Settings - Start Up tab, there are two checkboxes for Execution Settings. If these are unchecked (as they are by default), the PLC will wait for all Units and Inner boards to initialise before starting. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Good to know anonymous! I'll make a sticky thought of that, Might come in handy

Hi Critt, I had the same error "Failed to change the operating mode the operation mode may be still changing in the PLC" At the end I found it was a communication error. Please check your cable. Try from another computer. What cable type are you using?

I am having the same issue right now with an Omron CP1L. Everytime I connect to the plc and transfer my logic and put it on "RUN" mode, it gives me the " "Failed to change the operating mode the operation mode may be still changing in the PLC" error. Not sure what else can be done.