Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Online Editing in MicroLogix 1100 blows chunks...

9 posts in this topic

Geez...just got my new ML1100 to use for the first time. I get all kinds of errors when I try online edits...I think I am gunna stay away from it for now. I looked at a few things...I have RS Linx 2.51 and RS Ladder 7.0 using a series A ML1100. AB KB says this below, but no real "solution". Are they gunna come back to this article and update it? I changed my resource time out default from 60 to 100. That didn't seem to work too good either. Anyone have any suggestions to stabilize the online edits? Copy Paste from KB, since we can't link to them anymore...... On-line editing requirement in RS Logix 500 version 7.00 , RS Linx 2.500, and firmware revision series A frn 1 of a ML1100.. Question On-line editing requirement in RS Logix 500 version 7.00 , RS Linx 2.500, and firmware revision series A frn 1 of a ML1100. Answer Attempting to perform an online edit in a ML1100 processor fails with "Program could not be compiled! Online edit error. Going Offline" This error is seen whether attempting to perform an online edit from either the serial or ethernet port if no ladder has ever existed in that processor or after processor memory has been cleared. Cause: At least one rung of logic must be downloaded to the processor or error is generated. Rung (not processor) can then be deleted later with no online edit problems. Summary: Attempting to perform an online edit in a ML1100 processor fails with "Program could not be compiled! Online edit error. Going Offline"Catalog Number: 1763-L16AWA;1763-L16BBB;1763-L16BWA DocFullNum: A132937083 Revision: Fixed in Revision: Package: Module: More copy and paste..... Cause: The "Edit Resource/Owner Timeout" on the "General" tab for channel 1 is set to 1 or some small number. Solution: Change the "Edit Resource/Owner Timeout" to 60 (Default value is 60) And this is my favorite, change to 60, even if the default is 60...huh?....weird.... edit.... I get this alot too... "Online edit resource cannot be obtained from processor." Cause, unknown, and the fix is power down, power up....sigh..... Online edit resource cannot be obtained from processor. Question Online edit resource cannot be obtained from processor Answer Problem This error message appears when trying to accept edits online. If changes are made offline and then downloaded, this error will appear: "Program is incompatible with processor." Cause Unknown; possibly a loss of communications while online. Solution Cycle power to the processor. If that does not work, you can try changing the processor type in the offline file, resizing data tables, and then changing the processor back to the original (correct) type and downloading. Catalog Number: DocFullNum: E8885 Revision:4.50 Fixed in Revision: N/A Package: Offline/Online Modual: Editor-Online

Did you make THIS one? Technote 32963. It is the only one I have ever made and online edits work fine.

When I clicked on TW's link, the page asked me for my e-mail address and password. Attached is the document in PDF format. I hope this will resolve your online edit woes. I have not had a problem after I followed this example. 3C9530D8.pdf

Also Chakorules, I know you are working with Conex cameras and I'm going to guess they use message instructions. MSG, PTO, and PWM instructions can't be edited while online. This also includes other instructions that are in the rungs containing these instructions And always remember, deep breaths

Ah, I am not upset or anything, I am easy going...blows chunks is my standard answer for everything that doesn't work out of the box. LOL....I am working on another machine right now, I'll get back to the Cognex and ML1100 machine maybe this afternoon and try those CIP changes.... BTY, that KB link I couldn't see the images. But the PDF swimmy provided works, and aparently it's been posted once before on mrplc, my search must have missed it...DOH!!!! http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Atta...ost&id=2102

The images should work in IE, I'm still having a bit of trouble viewing images there in Firefox also Here is mention of the technote from about a year ago, the guy even had the foresight to put the technote number on it http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=27901

One other thing just came to mind. Your MSG setup to the Cognex cameras, if required, will be the same as the setup from the Micrologix 1200 through the 1761-NET-ENI with the following two exceptions There is a new Data Type, Routing Information, that must be assigned to the message instruction Also, when you select Channel 1 for the message you will see a second tab, Multihop, come up. This is where you enter the IP Address of your target device even though you are doing a single hop.

How come you're not using the latest RSLogiix, v7.10? IIRC there were a few annoyances about 7.0 that I ran into and remember that 7.1 gave some relief. I don't know if its responsible for what you are experiencing.

I just scoured the Rockwell Updates yesterday, I must have missed the fact that there was an update for RS Logix 500. I downloaded Linx Pro update but when I checked for RS Logix, it was 7.00. I think I need my eyes checked.....thanks....I did the CIP changes and so far, things are working. I was going to record my desktop again just to show you guys al lthe errors I got. I think I get about seven pop-up errors in a row...it was funny... Each one said something different, then started to repeat themselves.