Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

"Edit Ethernet node" doesn't work

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have some siemens profinet devices like CPU317F PN/DP, ET200S (IM151-3 PN), Mobile Panel 277 etc. I'm using Step7 V5.4 SP1 on my laptop, Dell inspiron 8600. Laptop has Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller which is working fine. The problem is I can't browse the ethernet node through PLC>edit ethernet node. Same is possible from another similar laptop, same hardware, same ethernet controller etc. I can ping each device though from my laptop! I have tried installing DLC protocol as per siemens guidlines. (the other one which browses the nodes doesn't have DLC )Local siemens rep said, there may be some error in Step7 installation, although installation was completed without any error. I followed the advice, uninstalled WinCC and Step7. Installed it again, and still the same issue. I tried after uninstalling the DLC protocol, doesn't work, so I've installed it back again. Any Ideas? how to solve this?

Ben, Where are you trying to browse for them? The only place I know you can is going to the hardware configuration and go online. Once you are online and if the ET200s stations are connected you then can double click on them to view diag and status info. From "SATANIC Manager", if you just try to do a accessible nodes it will not see the ET200s station because they are not on the network talking ISO on TCP. Remember when you are doing ProfiNet I/O it is a totally different beast then regular ethernet. Khek

Ben, It took some time to be able to post after registering on this board. So it took a couple days to be able to reply on your question. On the Service & Support site from Siemens there is a FAQ about not be able to find devices with the Primary Setup Tool. Why do no PROFINET components appear in the primary setup tool or in STEP 7 -Display Accessible Nodes-? Maybe this a solution for you. Edited by BikeDevil

Bike Devil, I was told by Siemens local tech support to look for "DLC protocol" and install it if that is not there. (I'm not sure of Profinet IO RT protocol was there or not.) I showed them that some other laptops that didn't have DLC were able to browse the Ethernet nodes! but they insisted on DLC. That however didn't solve the problem. I formatted the laptop, installed step-7 on vergin machine and it worked without any hiccups. The bigger question is though, if your installation completed without any error, why the Profinet IO RT procol wasn't there under TCP/IP. Also if it was not there and it is essential for Profinet communication, why doesn't Step-7 or PG>PC interface give a pop-up message that this protocol is missing. It is not even in the help documents. If this requires so much of digging, the confidence on use of software goes down significantly. Thanks anyway for pointing to right link. That could have been the cause.