Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rammin48

RS5000 crash

8 posts in this topic

I am working with the V15 RS5000. It keeps crashing on me. Usually when I am either editing in the Tags section or importing tags. I am running win2000. Never had this problem before. The tags will import with 0 errors then is gives me the saving error data message. I look in the file and More...(drag mouse)Bookmark PageForwardNext TabPrevious TabClose TabBackToggle Bookmarks Wed Jan 10 11:07:31 2007 Fatal Error! Application Path: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\v15\Bin\RS5000.Exe Elapsed execution time: 4 hours, 1 minute, & 46 seconds Version: V15.02.00 (Release) Source File: unknown Line Number: -1 Function/Method: unknown OS Version: Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 - Build 2195) Thread Id: 00000490 (1168) Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819) EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION - An "access violation" exception was generated. One project file is currently open: C:\RSLOGIX 5000\PROJECTS\34961\WM34961.ACD What is going on here?

Before I went through a lot of work on this one, I think I would contact Rockwell Support. It is an application error and they need to know about it. Let us know what they say TW

Follow as per this http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Update. Rockwell is baffled. They think it is the application? They can duplicate it but don't understand why. i am in the middle of the development so it is not complete and verified. Solution was to export tags. create a new application and import, then copy code over. Haven't seen the problem since.

Thanks for forwarding it on to them and giving us an update. If we don't let them know directly of these problems then they can't fix it. We'll probably never hear what the actual error is because it is probably some technical thingy with line 23857 of the RsLogix 5000 code that most, or at least me wouldn't understand, but I bet it will get fixed.

I had the same problem after I played with my Windows 7 firewall. All my RSL5000 programs were stored on my network server. I copied all the files over to my laptop and the fatal error went away. I believe now that the firewall has something to do with it.

RSLockups Just like you've done, exporting tags and copying code is how I've gotten around most of my "bugs" I've experienced. On a similar note, we once had a SLC500 go haywire. The only thing that fixed it was starting a brand new, empty application, dl that, then re-dl our existing program. Then it worked. This was caused by a leak in the cabinet, so not just some freak bug in the controller. Edited by IamJon