Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan

Inductive Automation New Website Up

8 posts in this topic

I'm working on our new website that went up on the first of this year for Inductive Automation. I'd appreciate your feedback on the new site. Are there any resources that we could provide that would help you in the area of: SQL Databases, networking, SCADA info, etc? Thanks,

your link doesn't work...forgot the 'e' in inductive

Put the "e" in "Inductive" for you Nathan The site looks good. One think I see is you revolving list of "Recent Customers". Perhaps you could put a link to a testimonial or preferably information about the customers project if you have it. I know some of them can be funny about information about that but many wouldn't mind. Kind of give people an idea of real applications for your software. Also noticed you have a "Privacy Policy" and a "Terms of Use" page. Did the lawyers make you do that or is that becoming more of the norm? Just curious for my site Also might want to update when the shopping cart will be available

TW, Thanks for covering me on the link. That's a good idea about actual customer projects. I'm meaning to contact customers directly (we typically sell to integrators and they work with the customers) for project "case studies", etc. That's certainly on my to do list. As far as the "terms of use" goes, we sell software and allow free downloads. Its basically the EULA. Not really applicable for an integrator site. It's just saying that users can distribute the code but not sell it, etc. I'll look into where the "privacy policy" came from. It's supposed to be reassuring, although I am rarely reassured by legal documents like that . I'll get the cart page updated when I get a better estimate on when the CC processing is finished. I need to get rolling on finishing up the "Enterprise Integration" section also. Thanks for the input!

I would reccommend you group your list of integrators by state or region, rather than by alphabetical order. When I select an integrator I usually want someone close to my location.

That's funny, I was posting the same thing. Too hard to decide which one you should use. I always liked the way a local car dealer put it. Many dealers have a huge selection of vehicles so that you can find the one with exactly what you are looking for. He keeps his inventory low. Not only does it help cash flow but he says when people have too many choices they take too long to make a decision. He's very successful so I can't argue against him. It would be really nice if someone could enter their ZIP and get the X number of closest integrators.

Nathan, there is another little problem I'm having with your site. It has to do with the login. Probably just my computer but shoot me a PM and I'll try to explain

Funny you should mention that. I added the "all US integrators" because it annoyed me how many clicks it took to get to US integrators by state. Click 'Americas'->'US' then you get a listing of all the states where we have integrators. I will also look into doing a zip code search that returns integrators sorted by distance.