Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kurt.brinker

Screen Doesn't Update

10 posts in this topic

We have a level transmitter that sends a 4-20 signal to the plc. The plc rescales it at 0-100% and then that unit is displayed on the panelview. If you stay on that screen, the value never updates but if you leave the screen and come back to it, it shows the correct and current value. Any ideas?

Are we looking at a Standard Panelview or a Panelview Plus? Can you post a program?

panelview plus 600. I'll get a screenshot for you in a second.

The panelview location reads F8:15 obviously. I know its looking in the right spot and the LT is sending a continuous signal since it changes when you refresh the screen. Edited by kurt.brinker

What's the update frequency for the tag?

I've had lots of problems with Paneview Plus's and doing the exact same thing as your problem. Flash the firmware to the latest version, that has fixed about 200 panelview plus's so far that i have dealt with.

the refresh is set to 1 sec I spoke with our guy at the station with the problems yesterday and he said that if they reset the plc it seems to work normally but over time it stops responding. (although sometimes their descriptions can be inaccurate) He also said that if they turn a motor on, the motor turns on but the status doesn't show up until you refresh the screen. I will read up on how to flash the firmware in case it isn't up to date (i have a feeling its not). Thanks for the info.

Perhaps the tag is displayed on a "Numeric Input Cursor Point" object and not a "Numeric display" object? I have found that, contrary to help database info, if a numeric input object only has a "value" tag assigned, then that object display may not be updated if the PLC causes the value to change. I have to also assign the same tag (if that tag also serves as a data display) to the "Indicator" connection.

its a numeric display directly reading that memory location. we are finding more and more units like this in the field. I now have the ability to flash the firmware and i have copied and converted the PV program. Is there a reason for this? Some say it was working before and others say it has never worked. I am just trying to undestand (i believe they are all 3.1 or 3.2. we use 4.0 at our main facility and have yet to experience a problem) (also, if they reboot the PV, it works great for a little while) Edited by kurt.brinker

Same problems I have experienced, that cycling the panelview, fixes it temporarly, but after doing a firmware flash to the latest 4.00.06 or higher has corrected the problem with these panelview plus's I think it has something to do with the panelview not reading the tags, the older firmware only seemed to poll the tags on demand, like when that screen is first displayed, then it would timeout and not refresh. firmware flash fixes those issues.