Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cekann

Factory Talk Password

5 posts in this topic

I have RS View ME and it comes with Factory Talk software. During the installation I botched the password and now can't remember what I put in. Can anyone tell me the following: 1. Can I disable or backup on the security? 2. In the future run RS View without Factory Talk? I am the only one who programs the Panelviews and it is just something else for me to loose (the password).

The best thing to do is contact Rockwell Automation. They can assist you in removing your password

Post the error popup message

Cannot get past the Configure Administrator Account in FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard.When running the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard, you cannot get past the configure administrator account. The user name and passw Question Cannot get past the Configure Administrator Account in FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard Answer Problem: When running the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard, you cannot get past the configure administrator account. The user name and password are entered, and the Next button is selected, but the wizard doesn't continue. This typically occurs during the FactoryTalk installation. Cause: For unknown reasons, Microsoft DLL, which the wizard uses, have been unregistered. Verify: Cure: Re-register the following DLLs, located in the Windows\System32 directory OLE32.dll Actxprxy.dll Msxml.dll Msxml3.dll http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Thanks to all for their replies. It was necessary to have a service agreement with RS and to turn off all RS services, uninstall the software, remove a file, and reinstall the program.