Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kurt.brinker

SLC 5/05 processor corrupt

24 posts in this topic

I have been connecting to our SLC 5/05 via ethernet for months now to make program changes and yesterday i plugged in and i could not get online. I keep getting the error "processor corrupt". I grabbed a fellow coworkers laptop and got online without a hitch. I uninstalled and reinstalled all of my rockwell software last night and i still can't get online today. Is there anything i am missing, or something i can check?

there are some files in the RSCommon directory that may have not been deleted during the uninstall that may fix things. Performing a search here, PLCTalk, and at the RA knowledgebase may help you.

Delete the two Harmony files in C:\Program files\Rockwell Software\RSCommon

done. i'll be back in 2 minutes with the results. BACK: i stopped the harmony service and deleted both files. I restarted rslinx, opened RSlogix 500, attempted to go online, and recieved the same error. Edited by kurt.brinker

What does it look like in RsWho of RsLinx? Question mark or does it identify it as an SLC

it finds both of our 5/05's and panel views and reads them correctly. (no question mark) They also come up with the proper tags (ie storage, grinder) I was able to download a new program into the panelview yesterday but not the 5/05

Can you upload the program that is in the SLC?

i haven't tried to upload it. I am assuming that if i can't get online with it then i won't be able to upload. I normally just open the program and then go online. As you know it will upload the current program if it doesn't see a local one that matches it. I never get that far though. I can get screenshots of whatever you need if you think it will help Edited by kurt.brinker

Maybe some details will help: Can you post the version of s/w you have for Linx and RSLogix, and the series of processor? Was there any software installed, even unrelated to Rockwell, to the laptop between the times that it worked and then didn't work?

Greetings Kurt ... TW is right ... try the "Upload" feature ... sometimes it works when the "Go Online" operation won't ... good luck ...

RS Linx Classic 2.50.00.20 (CPR7) RS Logix 500 Starter 7.00.00 (CPR7) 1747-L553B/C 5/05 CPU 64K mem OS501 series C I installed autocad 2007 and the endress hauser field tool software recently.... Going try the upload right now. Edited by kurt.brinker

might be getting somewhere. When i clicked upload, the following came up. "You must configure the communications through the system comms dialog when using security" I went to tools/security/login and logged into factory talk (even though i never had to do that before) and it gave me the same thing. Edited by kurt.brinker

you could try going at it from this direction ... BUT ... this looks REALLY fishy ... we don't normally use the "Starter" flavor of RSLogix500 for an SLC-5/05 ... any chance that you're just using the wrong software? ...

I believe the starter version is only good for the 10-point Micrologix.

clarification: note that I’m not saying that the “Starter” version wouldn’t/couldn’t work with an SLC-5/05 - as long as it’s up-to-date enough for your hardware ... but ... you wouldn’t be able to do any “online” edits to the program while using the “Starter” software ... the fact that you’re using the (cheaper) “Starter” version for an (expensive) SLC-5/05 just seems “fishy” ... so maybe you’ve just loaded the wrong software - or maybe menu-clicked on the wrong icon ??? ... just grasping at straws here ... and note that there are (confusingly enough) TWO versions of “Starter” software ... there’s the FREE “Starter” that only works with the 10-point MicroLogix1000 ... and then there’s the (about) $500 “Starter” that works with just about everything - but will NOT allow “online” edits ...

interesting, i didn't know about that...

you can tell the difference between the two "Starter" packages by their title bars ... compare this title bar with the one in the post above ...

You're right, looking deeper into it it must be the latter. The 10-point version is only up to version 6.10.

little background I was using an older laptop with 500 pro, linx enterprise, etc when i first did my work here. The guy that has been doing our programming loaded RS 500 pro onto my new laptop to show me some of the basics and then a few weeks later, a faulty linix installation forced me to reformat my laptop. I installed the software that you see here from cd's i recieved from our engineer. Now that i am thinking about it i can't remember if i went online with 500 starter. I KNOW i did with 500 pro and i was almost positive that i did with starter as well but now i can't recall. (We did all of the edits with the other programmers pc.) Is is possible that the software is stopping me? going through system comms yields the same results

Kurt.brinker seems to be you are using ethernet communication configure Ip address of your SLC 5/05 in rslinx using Comm --> config driver. check you are online with the processor using rswho in rslinx then follow as per Ron Beaufort

the connection is configured with the ip addresses for both of the SLC's and both panelviews. They all come up and i can see them and i can even download programs into the panelviews. The drivers are configured the exact same way on my pc and on the pc that i can still get online with.

update: i can get online with an ML1500 via rs232. Still no luck with the 5/05. Any other questions i can answer? Really don't want to have to use 2 laptops but it may be my only choice.

did you ever follow up on this? sometimes new programs will overwrite files in RS, and you must reinstall. it seems you said you already reinstalled RS if i remember correctly, but just something to look into. sometimes the best idea for something like this is to give up and just use the 2 laptops. at least for now.

one call to our programmer fixed the problem Apparently there is an rs logix 500 ver 7.0 lurking around and thats what i used to install my software. I updated to version 7.1 (version of the proc) and everything is back to normal. Glad it was a simple fix but its aggravating when its something so simple. Thanks for all the help.