Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alberto05

Cx-server error

10 posts in this topic

hi all, i am working in an application in LabView that use cx-server OPC to communicate with cj1mcpu12+etn21: cx-opc server 1.2 cx-server 2.4 labView7.1 the problem is that, after the good read of the opc during some seconds or minutes, an error occour in cdmsvr20.exe and the program stops reading and "hang up" has anybody similar problem?, i really do not like cx_opc server, i can not put it in good operation and i don´t know if it is a problem of labview or opc ;-(, sometimes works and sometimes do not. thanks

Probably not much help but I had a huge problem with another OPC server - BACnet - at the end of the day the hardware was not BACnet compliant. It took 15 months to get there. I am not a fan of OPC. Does Labview have another method of communication with Omron PLCs? Citect uses FINS Gateway and works brilliantly. Have you been in touch with Labview about the problem? Do you have the very latest Labview OPC driver? They are being updated all the time. The latest version of CX-Server is V3.0 with updates from the CX-One auto update site. I strongly suggest you get the latest version of everything. I do not know the latest version of CX-OPC server but suggest you update that also.

Hi BobB, I have not the cx-one, only the cx-programmerv5.0. I have downloaded de cx-server v2.4 from the omron site and it does the same, also with the latest cx-opc 1.22. the results that i get with the opc are not gut enought, the application would be a supervisión scada and i am not sure that the values that appears in the screen are good or not. I think that it is possible to make a communication with tcp commands or udp, labview has functions for this but i have not enought experience neither in finscommunicatons nor labview tcp/udp communicatons. I don't know how to build the frame and how to send it. I used time ago the finsgateway for downloading ns screens passing trought plcs but i have never use it for other purposes, is there any "step by step how to.." manual of finsgateway communicaton and configuration?. thank you

Hi Alberto I really cannot help you further except to refer you to this download area where there is some information that may help you. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?dlcategory=45 I would still strongly suggest you upgrade to the very latest versions of everything as many things are fixed/improved over time. I absolutely keep up to date with the latest versions of all software I use. Edited by BobB

Alberto, I don't know how many items you have but I have had problems in CX-Supervisor because I had little groups with many items. After I divided the groups into smaller ones with less items the performance was much better.

Hi Pdl, the opc project has 14devices (PLCs), each one has only one group with 26 items , total 364 items to read.what do you think about it?, too many items?. thanks

Hi Alberto, I can't imagine this would be a problem. However, you could try to do some tests using only one device to see if it makes any difference. Also, are you using FINS TCP or UDP ? If using TCP you could try using UDP to see if it makes a difference.

I definately agree with BobB. You need to get hold of CX-Server 3.0 as there were lots of fixes for this sort of problem since version 2.4 and this might already be fixed. If you tell your Omron sales centre and include the crash address (or screenshot of the CDMSVR20.EXE bit) they should get you an upgrade - they are normally pretty good about this. Is it just this 1 reliability problem that you're having? Do you see the memory usage increasing as this is a common sign of a memory leak. Bertie.

Hi, Omron is on holydays here, this is a screenshot of the error. Memory ok thanks

hi, i try with an older version of cx-server (v1.7) and the problems does not appear, i am waiting for the omron representative for a copy of cx-server v3.0 to try with it. the problem may be in cx-server 2.4, i don´t know, with the older version works. i will tell you the results with v3.0 in 2 weeks or so by