Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adamriffe

E-Fuses

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way I can monitor the status of Efuses? Can I reset them from an HMI? I'm pretty sure you can, just can't find any information on it. Thanks

What's the part number of your device? Are you talking about the 1756-OA8E?

Yes

There should be a fuseblown tag, with 1 bit per I/O point. When a blown fuse is detected, the bit is latched. You should be able to reset this bit from your HMI. It may be covered in this manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um058_-en-p.pdf

Just be aware that simply resetting a fuse blown indicator without actually diagnosing the problem is a clear violation of OSHA regulations. Same thing with operators simply resetting breakers. One of the reasons I prefer real fuses...they can't be reset.

Let's say your module was in slot 4 Blow Fuse Indicators - Local:4:I.FuseBlown.0-Local:4:I.FuseBlown.7 Field Power Loss Indicators - Local:4:I.FieldPwrLoss.0-Local:4:I.FieldPwrLoss.7 You use a MSG instruction to reset the fuses. You reset the entire set o module fuses at one time Message Type - CIP Generic Service Type - Reset Electronic Fuse Source Element - Tag type DINT, value 0 Path - Your Module