Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twbrock

Westinghouse PLC 1100

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any knowledge of Westinghouse Numa-Logic If you can help me I need information on Westinghouse PLC 1100. I need information on timers The timer box has two inputs , preset ,actual ,and coil The coil is labeled TT this is for timer tents. Preset is the time to run Actual is the Holding Register for the current time The first input is Start or Initiate My question is what is the second input? Is it a reset? Thanks TWBrock

Never dealt with the Westinghouse plc's before, but the Texas Instrument PLC's have two inputs like that also. I'll explain the TI timers and perhaps yours works the same. In the TI's the timer "box" has two inputs, the top input is the "timing bit" the bottom input is the "enable bit". If the timing but is true, but the enable bit is false, the timer does not time. If the enable bit is true, then when the timing bit goes true, the timer times. If the timing bit goes false, before the timer times out, the timer retains the actual time. When the enable bit goes through a true to false transition it resets the timer. For a self resetting timer you can use a "not coil" as the enable bit, then when the timer times out the coil goes true and resets the timer, when the timer resets, the coil is false and the timer is once again enabled.

Here's a page from the TI manual that covers timers, maybe they are similar. timer.pdf

Thanks Ken, I have a machine that has been updated to AB and I think the programer missed one of the timers. Thanks for the TI page. TWBrock

the timer has 2 legs the most bottom one was for enable the time the most up one was for run signal the update value was acumulate in HR register and compare either to to Constant register or another HR register with a predefined value . just when both legs in "1", active, "close contact " ,the timer will run Hope this helping you