Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JIM L

Importing csv to contrologix

3 posts in this topic

Options: Create Tags=Yes, Overwrite/Discard=Discard Error: Line 2: Import Export version mismatch. Expected version is 0.1. Import file's version number does not match current software version. Totals: 0 tag(s) created 0 tag(s) discarded on collision 0 description(s) imported 0 descriptions(s) discarded on collision Complete - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)   I get the above error message when I import tags from excel 97 (saving as CSV format). I am using RSL5000 Ver 10.00....Any ideas! Thanks UPDATE: I HAD TROUBLE WITH CSV FILE NOT UPDATING THE RSL5000 TAG DATABASE, AFTER EDITING CSV FILE IN EXCEL (SHOULDN'T THIS WORK IT WORKS FOR SLC'S AND THAT IS AN OLDER SOFTWARE, RIGHT?) SO I CALL AB TECH SUPPORT, GET MY CASE NUMBER (2199851), AND ASKED THE SUPPORT PEOPLE TO HELP ME. I GOT A TECH WHO SAID THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM ROCKWELL IS PRESENTLY WORKING ON AND WILL BE ADDRESSED WITH VER 11.00 I GUESS THE BEST THING TO DO IS STRUGGLE THROUGH IT UNTIL VER 11.00 COMES OUT! I HOPE!  

What CSV sheet was you using? One that you made or one that you downloaded from MrPLC? You might want to open up a program, then do a CSV EXPORT from the PLC to CSV format. Then open up the CSV and take a look at the formatting of the CSV sheet. Once you understand or see how many commas you need, that should work. I know the sheet at MrPLC is formatted for SLC500 only. I don't think it will work for Control Logix PLC.....Hope that helps, or maybe I am way off base....

Hmm.   I have seen the "expected version" conflict when taking tags exported from a newer software revision and trying to import them into an older one. It makes sense;  you don't want to try to use the older software to interpret tag types or formats that might not have existed when it was created !   Fortunately for me the fix was to use my text editor to manually change the Import/Export utility revision number of the tag file I was working on.   I wasn't using any newer features, it's just that the program had come from someone using newer software. I haven't seen precisely what you describe, though, Jim.   The "0.1" is supposed to be in cell A6 when you're using Excel to edit a database exported from Version 10 of RSLogix 5000. You might try doing a "database compact" process [File -> Compact] (in AI-5 this was actually called "rebuild !") to see of this makes your exported file any easier to work with.   Also go into your tag editor, sort by "Unused" and take out any unused tags that might have stray comments attached to them or something else that might choke the tag import procedure.