All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Today
  2. PIDAT INSTRUCTION

How is the speed being controlled? Analog output? High Speed Outputs? Do you need to have PID control? Does the speed need to adjust dynamically?
  3. DWORD is a hex format, generic for a double channel.  I assume these are integers, so you would want the data types to be DINTs (signed) or UDINTs (Unsigned).  I would recommend that you make them DINTs or UDINTs from the get go though (Therefore no conversion instructions).  Unless there is a specific reason they need to be DWORDs....  
  4. Capture snapshot of I/O data for simulation

You need to do what Bits N Bytes suggested.  Store the values that you want to write in DM words that you are not using in your code.  Then on the first scan, use the XFER function.  So, lets say you want to set up the CIO channels 0-3.  Lets say you are not using D500 - D503.  Load up D500 - D503 using the memory tool.  They will not reset to 0 when you go from program to monitor.  Or, you could set your code up to load up D500 - D503 on the first scan of the program.  When you are simulating and you want to change the I/O to the test values, just turn on the TransferNow bit (manually or with some part of your code) in the image below:
  5. Capture snapshot of I/O data for simulation

I understand that but 2 things: The video appears to show that you can transfer while in monitor mode and When I go to monitor mode and transfer the data, it is reset back to original when I go back into monitor mode.
  6. I'm working on simple structured text program which takes in DWORD values, does some math on them and then outputs in DWORD type. What data type should I be using and how can I make this work?  This is one of the lines from the code(everything DWORD) and I get 'operator not supported by DWORD data type' XPos3 := XPos1 + (2*XIncrement);  
  7. RS485 Converter to analog output

You have us (meaning me) completely confused. Your sensor is obviously RS485 capable.  But you keep talking about a Festo Bus, yet you post the topic in Allen-Bradley forum. Does Festo have a RS485 module or capability?  No idea. What is the Festo talking to, as in PLC platform? The manual says the SCC1-RS485 would goto a PC with a RS485 PCI Board installed.  The other cable SCC1-USB conveters the signal to a USB format and again would have to goto a PC. 
  8. RS485 Converter to analog output

LQ_AN_SCC1-RS485-USB_ImplementationGuideSF06_EN_D2 (005)Sensor.pdf     It is around 3 volts into the flow sensor.Our Festo Bus is 24VDC and they offer a analog module however I need to change the RS485 that can read the flow in Milliamaps or 0-10VDC.I am just trying to see if fluid is flowing through a hose and need to get this data into the PLC via a Festo module that can take a analog input
  9. Look, I never said CJ was going away, please read more carefully.  I said I was under the impression that the CJ1 CPUs were made obsolete after the launch of the CJ2. Far more effective options these days is NX102.  
  10. RS485 Converter to analog output

Can you provide some discrete part numbers. Your description is slightly confusing as 5V RS485 would be a TTL Communications Standard and 0-10V would be an analog signal already. IF your FESTO Input is 0-5V and your Sensor is 0-10V a simple resistor based voltage divider will perform the conversion. But as said at the top, Discrete Part Numbers would prove useful.
  11. PID Control Loop

Rastus being you were doing "Hot Water Cleaning" and you were from "Down Under" Austrailia according to the post, I assumed the 65/85 were Celsius.  Cleaning with 65 F water would accomplish little as tap lines run 55F.  In my former life we cleaned with 155F water or about 68C.  My ehat exchangers were configured to SCRAM or CRASH at 165F or 75C.  Meaning if the HE Exit water reached 165F then the steam valve was slammed shut as a precaution.  Hope that answers your question.
  12. PIDAT INSTRUCTION

Hi, could anyone help? I'm a beginner in PLC, I confuse about PIDAT instruction. there is input word and output word. what should i fill in this section? i've read the programming manual, but i still dont understand about it. And for the set value if i want to control dc motor speed, should i fill it with the rpm or what?  The type of my PLC is CP1H XA40DRA THANKS!!
  13. PIDAT INSTRUCTION PROGRAM

What would you like to know? Please post a new topic in the forums.
  14. Capture snapshot of I/O data for simulation

You can not Transfer to PLC... while Monitoring. Temporarily disable Monitoring.
  15. Comunication error between NS8 PT and CP1H.

Under the Comm. Setting (your first picture). To the left you should have Serial Port B. Make the same settings that have in Serial Port A. Do not change the settings in the PLC.
  16. Q2ASHcpu PID

Thanks for the reply. The limit I am referring to is the MV, PV limit of -50 to 2000 on the QnACPU types verses the other Q cpus that can do -32768 to 32767. I need the greater range and positive to negative swing as I am using PID to control some motion. So the MV value will adjust a 32 bit speed value to a motion card. So with the QA1S6xB extension rack, do I still need a separate Q rack for the Q cpu and power supply or can they all coexist on one rack. Has anyone ever tried using the MV limited PID (-50 to 2000) to combine heating and cooling via forward and reverse operation as one crosses the SV to be able to swing -2000 to +2000.  
  17. PLC to PLC communication

Yes sorry, I mean FX5CPU, im New with Mitsubishi software etc, but i know that the simple communication is the easiest, but my boss told me that with modbus is easier and  i actually dindt catch the whole idea maybe someone can explain it better here. thank you in advance 
  18. Cx designer not supports test simulation with cpm2a/cpm1a

I'm fairly sure you can do this. Simulate CX Designer with a CPM2A (real PLC). What you can not do is simulate a CPM2A from CX Programmer. What model HMI do you have?
  19. System forgets servo position

Hi everyone! The problem has been fixed! It was the servo amp. battery. The old one was 6.1V the new one is 6.4V. After the replacement, everything was fine. There was no error message and the battery seemed fine. So that 0.3V difference was the guilty :)
  20. PIDAT INSTRUCTION PROGRAM

Can I use this program for CP1H XA40DRA? And what about the program of analog input and analog output? Thanks.
  21. Can't open cxp file

Thank you very very much, Michael. Can I send yiu 6 more programs just similar to this to obtain the simple pdf print for each one, as you gave me for T1.cxp. And if possibel (I think is accessible automatically through CX-Programmer) send me to the "instruction list" of each one too. Hope not that I'm abusing for your kindnes. Thank you very much for your attention. PS: It would help me very much now that I'm in E@D and I have nor access to the school PCs. T7.cxp T6.cxp T5.cxp T4.cxp T3.cxp T2.cxp
  22. Hi... I was thinking for purchasing a PLC for some advanced learning, i was thinking of going for CJ1M-CPU21 (along with some modules) and this CPU seems like cost effective compare to other CPU type & Ethernet option CPU as well. Would this CPU will cover all the basic/advanced option which the CS series PLC had in terms of software and hardware. So further there shouldn't be any complication using any omron PLC with cx-p exept CP series. Whether i have to go Ethernet Option CPU ? I need the opinion from expert before spending some $, no problem if it's one time spending which last long. Thanks
  23. What is a good converter for a 5V DC flow sensor with a RS-485 Output(0-10 Volts) to convert to a analog output?It would be nice to have a converter that can step down to 5VDC for the input side. I want to be able to read the 0-10 Volt DC output with my Festo Module that goes back to AB PLC
  24. Error GX Work 2

Thank you very much, I did it 
  25. Error GX Work 2

I would suggest to use de melsoft clean up tool and then reinstall the software again https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/download/software/cnt/plc/index.html  
  26. Error GX Work 2

I already restarted windows and reinstalled the software but It's can't work. 
  27. Load more activity