Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mac_g3

Gray code

6 posts in this topic

Hello Simatic Users. I'm French .. and my English is not good ;-o) -Anyone know if Step7 have a special block to convert Gray code (from absolute encoder) to binary or decimal code ? Any helps greatly appreciated. Greetings from France. Stéphane.

try this link http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/l...mp;x=15&y=9 tech help. There are six functions altogether that you can use for converting binary code to Gray code (FC103, FC104, FC105) and from Gray code to binary code (FC100, FC101, FC102).

this one can help GRAY_D8 GRAY_D16 GRAY_D32

Hello. Thanks for yours answers. -The Siemens website with the special blocks .. is not free ..( i don't understand why Siemens get the files with money (avc card) .... .... The other brand of PLC .. is FREE !!! Siemens ... = !!!! -The sps-concept link files is only a cutview ... the files don't show the entire source code !!. If anyone have idea .... Stephane.

dead simple to do with only few rungs, here is AB code but it's just ladder 14bitgray.pdf

Try this: L "gray_number" //up to 32 bits PUSH SRD 16 XOD PUSH SRD 8 XOD PUSH SRD 4 XOD PUSH SRD 2 XOD PUSH SRD 1 XOD T "bin_number"