Forums.MrPLC.com: Wonderware InControl - Forums.MrPLC.com

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wonderware InControl Shed a little light on InControl please Rate Topic: -----

#1
User is offline   Sajid 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 23-February 06
  • Country:India
    India
Hi,

I worked with InTouch Factory Suite package some time back and I am curious to know more about another element of the suite InControl. It looks like a software for developing control.Please share your knowledge on this.Is it a soft PLC or is it just to develop logic for the InTouch HMI????

Thanks.
0

#2
User is offline   wildswing 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 22-March 05
  • Location:Ontario
  • Country:Canada
    Canada
It's a soft PLC. More details here...

http://www.wonderwar...ucts/incontrol/
Mark
Hard work never hurt anyone, but why take the chance!
0

#3
User is offline   Mo_AB_4EVER 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 08-July 05
  • Location:Sherbrooke QC
  • Interests:PLC programming, of course!
  • Country:Canada
    Canada
InControl is a software PLC. Now for the many those of you who are wondering: "Exactly why would a sane person want to control costly machinery by a computer, running Windows Operating system?" The answer is simple:

InControl is suitable for things that "real" PLC's can't do.

Of course PLC's can do just about everything. That's why InControl is so rarely used.

My local wonderware salesman told me he had installed InControl just once, in a project where they had gazillions of tags to be logged at freaking high speed in a SQL database. I don't know how many tags at what sampe rate, but it made the best PLC's out there go dizzy. So the logical way was to install dedicated IO's on a PC and they ran everything locally, including the SQL Database.

And that was the only InControl project he knew of...

View PostSajid, on Aug 9 2006, 10:58 AM, said:

Hi,

I worked with InTouch Factory Suite package some time back and I am curious to know more about another element of the suite InControl. It looks like a software for developing control.Please share your knowledge on this.Is it a soft PLC or is it just to develop logic for the InTouch HMI????

Thanks.

0

#4
User is offline   Sajid 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 23-February 06
  • Country:India
    India

View PostMo_AB_4EVER, on Aug 23 2006, 02:04 AM, said:

InControl is a software PLC. Now for the many those of you who are wondering: "Exactly why would a sane person want to control costly machinery by a computer, running Windows Operating system?" The answer is simple:

InControl is suitable for things that "real" PLC's can't do.

Of course PLC's can do just about everything. That's why InControl is so rarely used.

My local wonderware salesman told me he had installed InControl just once, in a project where they had gazillions of tags to be logged at freaking high speed in a SQL database. I don't know how many tags at what sampe rate, but it made the best PLC's out there go dizzy. So the logical way was to install dedicated IO's on a PC and they ran everything locally, including the SQL Database.

And that was the only InControl project he knew of...

View PostSajid, on Aug 9 2006, 10:58 AM, said:

Hi,

I worked with InTouch Factory Suite package some time back and I am curious to know more about another element of the suite InControl. It looks like a software for developing control.Please share your knowledge on this.Is it a soft PLC or is it just to develop logic for the InTouch HMI????

Thanks.



Thanks for your replys,

Well I seem to be getting more and more information on Soft PLCs. There are lots of people who know about them but havent ever met one who had used it. It might take some time to soft PLCs to compete with the hardware based PLCs.But right now I dont think using a soft PLC is actually that good an idea.

Thanks again.
0

#5
User is offline   BobLfoot 

  • The Wizard
  • Group: MrPLC Admin
  • Posts: 3,152
  • Joined: 27-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern Indiana
  • Country:United States
    United States

View PostSajid, on Sep 4 2006, 10:55 AM, said:

Well I seem to be getting more and more information on Soft PLCs. There are lots of people who know about them but havent ever met one who had used it. It might take some time to soft PLCs to compete with the hardware based PLCs.But right now I dont think using a soft PLC is actually that good an idea.


I've only ever used the Entivity VLC softPLC offering. I wouldn't use it again anytime soon. Even when able to run a non windows kernel for execution Soft PLC is still on a PC.
BobLfoot

"Poor Planning on your part does not a crisis on my part make"
0

#6
User is offline   TheTeck.Com 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: 24-May 08
  • Country:Syria
    Syria
In wonderware training, our teacher was using this incontrol software to make simulation for all our computers.

I ask him about this software and howmuch it coast, but he said that he is not sure if it is for sale or just for internal use inside wonderware.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users