Sajid

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
    India

Posted 09 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hi,

I worked with InTouch Factory Suite package some time back and I am curious to know more about another element of the suite InControl. It looks like a software for developing control.Please share your knowledge on this.Is it a soft PLC or is it just to develop logic for the InTouch HMI????

Thanks.

#2 wildswing

wildswing

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
    Canada

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:52 AM

It's a soft PLC. More details here...

http://www.wonderwar...ucts/incontrol/
Mark
Hard work never hurt anyone, but why take the chance!

#3 Mo_AB_4EVER

Mo_AB_4EVER

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:PLC programming, of course!
    Canada

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

InControl is a software PLC. Now for the many those of you who are wondering: "Exactly why would a sane person want to control costly machinery by a computer, running Windows Operating system?" The answer is simple:

InControl is suitable for things that "real" PLC's can't do.

Of course PLC's can do just about everything. That's why InControl is so rarely used.

My local wonderware salesman told me he had installed InControl just once, in a project where they had gazillions of tags to be logged at freaking high speed in a SQL database. I don't know how many tags at what sampe rate, but it made the best PLC's out there go dizzy. So the logical way was to install dedicated IO's on a PC and they ran everything locally, including the SQL Database.

And that was the only InControl project he knew of...

Hi,

I worked with InTouch Factory Suite package some time back and I am curious to know more about another element of the suite InControl. It looks like a software for developing control.Please share your knowledge on this.Is it a soft PLC or is it just to develop logic for the InTouch HMI????

Thanks.

#4 Sajid

Sajid

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts
    India

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:55 AM

InControl is a software PLC. Now for the many those of you who are wondering: "Exactly why would a sane person want to control costly machinery by a computer, running Windows Operating system?" The answer is simple:

InControl is suitable for things that "real" PLC's can't do.

Of course PLC's can do just about everything. That's why InControl is so rarely used.

My local wonderware salesman told me he had installed InControl just once, in a project where they had gazillions of tags to be logged at freaking high speed in a SQL database. I don't know how many tags at what sampe rate, but it made the best PLC's out there go dizzy. So the logical way was to install dedicated IO's on a PC and they ran everything locally, including the SQL Database.

And that was the only InControl project he knew of...

Hi,

Thanks.

Thanks for your replys,

Well I seem to be getting more and more information on Soft PLCs. There are lots of people who know about them but havent ever met one who had used it. It might take some time to soft PLCs to compete with the hardware based PLCs.But right now I dont think using a soft PLC is actually that good an idea.

Thanks again.

#5 BobLfoot

BobLfoot

The Wizard

• MrPLC Admin
  • 3160 posts
    United States

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:14 AM

Well I seem to be getting more and more information on Soft PLCs. There are lots of people who know about them but havent ever met one who had used it. It might take some time to soft PLCs to compete with the hardware based PLCs.But right now I dont think using a soft PLC is actually that good an idea.

I've only ever used the Entivity VLC softPLC offering. I wouldn't use it again anytime soon. Even when able to run a non windows kernel for execution Soft PLC is still on a PC.
BobLfoot

"Poor Planning on your part does not a crisis on my part make"

#6 TheTeck.Com

TheTeck.Com

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
    Syria

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

In wonderware training, our teacher was using this incontrol software to make simulation for all our computers.

I ask him about this software and howmuch it coast, but he said that he is not sure if it is for sale or just for internal use inside wonderware.

Download » HMI & SCADA

No categories found.

Store » HMI & SCADA

No categories found.

Articles » HMI & SCADA

No categories found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users