#1 ReBroker

ReBroker

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 19 posts
    United States

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

:helpme: Is ther a free version or trial version of rslinx on the web?
Rick

#2 TWControls

TWControls

Automation Therapist

• MrPLC Admin
  • 4527 posts
    United States

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:50 PM

RsLinx Lite is available for download at Rockwell Softwares Web Updates. Just select RsLinx Classic under Communications Products and click Lookup Products. Only RsLinx Lite can be downloaded for free.

I guess the real question is what are you planning to do with it?

RsLInx Lite comes free with most other Rockwell Software that requires communications.

But RsLinx by itself is pretty much useless unless you are trying to create a DDE/OPC server. If this is what you are trying to do you must have RsLinx Single Node, OEM, or Professional

#3 BobLfoot

BobLfoot

The Wizard

• MrPLC Admin
  • 3161 posts
    United States

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:15 AM

If you are trying to DDE or OPC and cost is an issue I'd try the Automatedsolutions drivers. Available for free trial download from this website.

RsLinx Lite is available for download at Rockwell Softwares Web Updates. Just select RsLinx Classic under Communications Products and click Lookup Products. Only RsLinx Lite can be downloaded for free.

I guess the real question is what are you planning to do with it?

RsLInx Lite comes free with most other Rockwell Software that requires communications.

But RsLinx by itself is pretty much useless unless you are trying to create a DDE/OPC server. If this is what you are trying to do you must have RsLinx Single Node, OEM, or Professional

BobLfoot

"Poor Planning on your part does not a crisis on my part make"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users