Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrazyDanE

Communications problem

4 posts in this topic

Hey, A litte hardware storie first. PLC : 1756-L61 Control logix V15, communicating via 1756-ENBT A ver. 3.9 Ifix : Version 3,5, Driver Igs ( The newest ) dont remember the version. GE Quick panel: QP Control 12” TFT RS-linx 2.50 The Ifix and the control logix is sitting in the same switch. The Quick panel is cornectet to the Internet and communicate by a VPN cornection. The Control logix is communicating whit the Quickpanel and Ifix The Quick panel is communicating whit Ifix and the Control logix. After a while the cornection whit the PLC and the Quickpanel stops ( only 8 floating points are transfered between the Quick panel and the control logix ). “The while can be between 1 – 14 days” The funny part is that it is impossible to go online (by RS-linx ) on the control logix 1756-ENBT A card, but the Ifix can still se the control logix, and read - write data to the plc. It is also impossible to browse the web server on the 1756-ENBT A. It is like som gates in the ethernet card 1756-ENBT A is getting closed. By removing the card from the rack, and put it back in, then the communications begin again. I have tryed to replace the card, using different firmwares ect.. Please – I am really lost Thanks Crazydane Edited by CrazyDanE

I'm using a similar set up with an L-62 and a 6" GE quick panel and have not experienced the problem you are describing. Do you have any messaging going on that might be tying up the network? is there anything else on the network?

To me it sounds like this problem could be caused by duplicate addresses on the same network? Just a thought.

Thanks for yours reply's. The network is rather big. There are sitting a lot of SLC's 5/05. See the Word doc. The system doesn't tell me about any conflicts on the net. Rockwell in Denmark knows about this problem, and are working on it. They will pu in a "Sniffer" on the network. /CrazyDanE Net.doc Edited by CrazyDanE