Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Dark Dog

Processor Faults Slc 500/03

4 posts in this topic

I have a SLC500/03 and it has a CPU fault light. It has a DTAM interface. Problem is this I tried powering down then up to see I could clear the fault....didn't work. We are currently awaiting our shipment for RSLogix500 software. Is there some way I could use the DTAM to find the fault code? I don't want to clear the memory...because I don't have a copy of the orignal ladder ...(Don't ask)....So I want to get the software and download the ladder first before I do anything major. Is there anything else I can do so I don't have to reload the program in the meantime. I did all basic stuff...check cards etc. .....I can view the files N6X:XX through the DTAM but as said before it's not updating...any help will be greatly appreiated.

If the DTAM will let you display the value of S2:6, that will be the fault code inside the controller. Is this one of those old 1747-DTAM/E data table monitors, or a programmable DTAM Plus ?

Thanks.. I managed to get the manual on the 2707 DTAME and it cannot display S register values according ot the manual. Why do they do these things? Anyway reset it and okay...plus figured a way to use the DTAME to reload program from memory.

S:5/8 when set to one will load from the memory at bootup, also S:1/15 will go high on the first scan of a program and can be used to do alot correction routines. Your main problem is no software (RSLogix)