Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcoghi

Resizing Pop-up of FactoryTalk View SE Signature Button

2 posts in this topic

Good Morning guys, I've been working on the last months in a complex project in Pharmochemical Industry, in this project the customers will need run FactoryTalk SE Client in a Data Collector(Motorola MC3190 with Windows CE and resolution 320x320), so because FT doesn't run in 3rd party Microsoft Windows CE devices/platforms, i will use Remote Desktop Connection from Windows to acess FT in a PC. Until here i didn't have problem, i created one script that detect the resolution of screen and open graphics developed in 320x320. And here comes the problem: FactoryTalk use one ActiveX developed by Rockwell to make Digital Signature, and this pop-up is too big for the resolution of Data Collector(320x320). I couldn't find a way to resize it.... I attached a picture from screen of MC3190. Anyone knows one way to resize the pop-up? If not's possible, have a way to send as a parameter the information to Digital Signature function? Thanks.
1 person likes this

that is fixed size form so you cannot resize it. I guess using hardware with higher resolution at this moment is not a popular choice. you can make your own popup that will do the same thing but fit the screen and pass user action to original form. you can use scripting product such as AutoIt (which is free and easy to use) or make own application that does the same (manipulate windows API). there is a sample program with source in download folder (remote application control)