Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoBoots

RS-232C Port on cpm2a

8 posts in this topic

Can't figure out the problem To communicate whit an external device i want to switch the com port settings to 9600 baud 1 start bit 1 stop bit 8 data bits No parity All i got on my laptop is unreadable. When I set the communication switch, of the plc, to "on" the default 9600-7-e-2 is used by the plc. If i also change my laptop to this, the output of the plc is readable. (conclusion cable is good. It's the same cable I use to program this plc) What am I missing? I've set DM 6645 1001 (RS323c No Protocol) DM 6646 0830 (9600, N.8.1) DM 6647 0000 (Transmission delay 0) DM 6648 1000 DM 6649 0D00 Any one a suggestion?

DM 6646 should be 0803, not 0830.

Tried 0803, no difference. Also tried 0800 (1200baud), no difference. Started to experimend with receiver options... 8-7-6 databits, none-od-even parity, 1-2 stopbits... Found nothing that works.. Only with communication switch on i've got the default working....

Did you try setting the comm port up using the settings option in CX-Programmer like this: Double click on settings, make the changes above. Choose the options pulldown from this window and transfer to PLC (need to be in Monitor or Program mode to do so). Then options, verify to make sure. Then cycle PLC power and try again. That is another question to ask you, did you cycle PLC power after setting the DM addresses? I believe the comm port settings are only read from DM at power up....

Have double checked and checked again.. Powerd down the plc and checked again. When i set the communication switch to off so that these settings schould work i've got rubbisch

What data is in the send area (starting at DM1501)? I can tell from the picture that DM1501 has an integer value of 4097, which is a hex value of 1001. 10 is DLE (Data Link Escape) and 01 is SOH (Start of Heading), neither of which is a printable character. I would check the data that you are putting in the send area.

Ok, That seems to be the problem. Did not realized this.. Thanks for helping and your time spend.

If you had intended to use 4097hex, make sure to use a # sign in front of it in the ladder. If you entered it in the memory view, make sure to monitor in HEX to enter it, or if you have printable characters, switch to ASCII and type it in.