Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Defaultuser

Help a guy out please!

3 posts in this topic

Im using CX-programmer V8 with a CS1W Plc. The program is kind of a mess, there is no HMI and I'm not familiar with the platform. Also the Plc is mounted on a moving piece of equipment. So there are some symbols that are tied to addresses and the program is recalculating these variables all the time. I'm only able to see these variable values when I'm online with the PLC and I can't figure out a way to just download the program from the PLC and look at the variables and set points, which is what I need to do. I feel dumb so I turn to you for support. How can I be offline and view the current values of the symbols? I appreciate any responses.

First of all, CS1W is not a CPU type. But whatever CPU type you have, when online with CXP you can make an upload of the memory areas, and store the current values offline. See picture as an example how to upload D area. You cannot directly see symbol names and their values but you can lookup matching adresses.

Thanks. It is a CJ1M CPU-21, FYI. I appreciate the help. I'm a little disappointed that the information didn't download when moved the program into my computer from the PLC.