Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ferrodom

Sysmac controlled production machine workpiece positioning by reciepts/programs?

2 posts in this topic

Hello PLC Members, I'm new here on this Forum and have a question promptly. I'm programming a machine right now with 3 belt axes and one rotational axis which all infeeds workpieces to serveral process stations on our machine. The process stations are controlled by the CPU too. Now we have these 4 seperate axes which should position the workpiece throu the whole production process and I have planned to work with programs/recipes instead of hardcoded values for every single product variant to produce. We have many variants which differ in dimensions and new ones are added from time to time. Therefore a confortable way to feed the machine with instructions would be very welcome. So my question is: What do you suggest as an approach to control 4 motion axes with all the positioning and event instructions in recipes or programs? I have 2 options in my mind: 1.) Using Cam Tables A virtual master axis which is long as the whole machine (3meters) each single belt (real axes) and the rotary (real) are controlled as slaves by the master which represent the whole process line. But cam tables are lacking of some event or trigger options to say (fire this or that up on master position xxx) 2.) Using custom CSV Files Creating a custom CSV file for each production program/recipe with all the needed values (positions, events to catch, etc.) and create a routine/function to handle (read/interprete and write) these instruction files. This could be a bit tricky. 3.) .... ??? Have I missed something elementary in Sysmac Studio and are my thoughts to complicated? Its the first time that we use the new Sysmac environment. Im used to work with G-Code programs before for our production programs/reciepts. That was kind of confortable. But now I'm missing something like that. Environment: CPU=NJ301-1200 I/O=NX 4 x Accurax Driver/Servos (3 Belt axes for workpiece positioning to process stations, 1 rotary axis for workpiece arrangement on one process station) 2 x Mx2 Inverters (2 conveyors) Edited by ferrodom

[solved] I think this is a good way: just sharing if someone has a similar task. Edited by ferrodom