Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nopeda

Question about Panel View Plus 600

7 posts in this topic

Hi, The place where I work has a Panel View Plus 600 screen outside, mounted on the side of a building. The screen still seems to be ok, but it looks like there's a cover over it that used to be nice and clear but it has become foggy looking and it's very hard to see through. Does anyone know if that's what actually is going on, and if so can the cover be replaced? Also where to get one if possible? Thanks for any help! David

Hi David, If you post a picture we can probably be more specific. But if it's an AB part your local Rockwell distributor will probably sell it

Well I never have learned to post pictures on the internet and my cell phone is an old cheap pay in advance thing that doesn't take pictures but it looks like there's what was a clear cover over the screen and now it's clowdy looking, maybe because of too much exposure to UV. Edited by nopeda

Like ASForrest mentioned, call your nearest Allen Bradley dealer. They can either supply a replacement part, or you can send the whole Panelview in to be repaired. There's not much that can be gained by asking here.

My mistake. I ignorantly thought someone here might have had a similar experience and could give some explanation and possible detail about it. Edited by nopeda

this is probably too simple to be your situation - but many "screen" type devices are shipped with a protective film that's meant to be peeled off and thrown away once the device has been installed ... the basic idea is to protect the glass from being scratched during installation - but I have seen folks just leave the things on for years - and yes, they do get cloudy after awhile ... any chance that's what you're seeing? ...

A-B used to sell a screen protector but it was just an ordinary plastic adhesive sheet. If this is a flexible adhesive sheet, that's what it was. I cut iPad screen protector sheets to size and use them on PanelView Plus 600s, and once found some big screen protector sheets at Office Depot and used them on PV+1500.