Matt Seiman

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
    United States

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Gentlemen,

Has anyone ever encountered this before. I have recently installed FactoryTalk View Studio ME v6.1 on a HP Elite Book Laptop running windows 7 enterprise 64 bit, I am using a dongle as my license key. When I open a project I get the following message, please offer you help or assistance if you have ever encountered this or get lead me in the right direction, thanks.

"SQL Server 2008 Express Instance 'FTVIEWx64TagDB' which is required for FactoryTalk View v 6.1 or later cannot be found. Please check the status of the computer hosting SQL Server 20008 Express, and if necessary use the FactoryTalk View distribution media to recreate the SQL instance."

I attached a Pic of the error code since it would not let me copy and paste it into this topic forum.

Now I checked and I already have SQL Server 2008 installed, so what it's telling me just doesn't make any sense to me since it is already installed.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Jack Demspey

Attached Thumbnails

• FTView_Error_Code_Pic.jpg

Edited by Matt Seiman, 23 January 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#2 OkiePC

OkiePC

Boat Rocker/Trouble Breaker

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:Kids, Outdoors, Animals, Sports, Science, Math, Music, Puzzles, Video Games, Food, Watersports, Paintball, Jeeps, Pit Bulldogs, Chevy, OU Football, Hiking, Piddling, more ...
    United States

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

https://rockwellauto...ail/a_id/465364

(Techconnect required)

The tech note above offers 2 different solutions, and they're too wordy and unfamiliar for me to paraphrase, but if you don't have techconnect access, let us know and we can see about getting the basic information for you. There are other technotes with may be relevant to this error which might be useful to look through as well.

#3 Ken Roach

Ken Roach

Propeller Head

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

"Instances" are fundamental configurations of SQL Servers, with their own copies of the server configuration files, database files, security and user configuration.

FactoryTalk View creates one of its own when it's installed, named "FTVIEWx64TagDB". If that Instance isn't present, FactoryTalk View SE can't run.

The FactoryTalk View Installation Guide specifically discusses re-created this named instance of SQL Server, starting on Page 53.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users