- - - - -

Omron C200HE test bench setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_parimalam_*

Guest_parimalam_*

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:41 AM

Omron PLC C200HE which I am trying to handle is in use with the crane and having only digital inputs and outputs cards with extension backplanes 2 of them and with one remote IO (RS485) . As I do not have spare programmed EEPROM cassette, I want to down load and make one copy of EEPROM cassette. In this connection I am planning to setup test bench and I need following items to be clarified.

I will buy one CPU back plane, in that I will attach, CPU & Power supply. I hope with this setup I will be able make a copy of EEPROM cassette after coping the in use EEPROM from the crane without doing any experiment with the working crane.

While downloading EEPROM (Ladder) memory into laptop, is there any risk of destroying the running CPU, EEPROM etc..

“What is the purpose of PLC CPU battery”, If I change the CPU alone for the crane after shifting the EEPROM form the old CPU which is in use with only Digital IO modules (no analogue modules) will the "state ram" plays any major role

I saw some different connector on C200HE CPU. Some info on interface cable is required. is it alone cable connection between CPU & PC serial port or any interface (hardwarwe) unit required to access the CPU from PC.

If I pull out a EEPROM casssette from Omron PLC C200HE while in operation, will the PLC continue to work or there is risk on program corruption.

Thanks & regards
K.Parimalam

#2 Jay Anthony

Jay Anthony

Omron Expert

• MrPLC Admin
  • 2945 posts
  • Interests:Omron Tech guy
    Sound and Stage Lighting,
    Computers Rock!
    United States

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:22 AM

From PLCs.net earlier today by Jay Anthony:

Quit screwing around with the EEPROM memory cassette and use the backup utility that was pointed out to you in the last post. The EEPROM memory cassette only holds the ladder program and you need a complete backup.

Here's the files you need here at MrPLC.com:

Omron Serial Cables @ MrPLC.com
C Series Backup Tool @ MrPLC.com

I saw some different connector on C200HE CPU. Some info on interface cable is required. is it alone cable connection between CPU & PC serial port or any interface (hardwarwe) unit required to access the CPU from PC.

This is the peripheral port and needs a special cable - CQM1-CIF01, Use the other 9 pin port with the cables provided in the link above.

If I pull out a EEPROM casssette from Omron PLC C200HE while in operation, will the PLC continue to work or there is risk on program corruption.

The Memory cassette is only read at power up and thus can be removed with the power on. It is only a backup to the on board RAM in the CPU.
Posted Image
Jay in Dallas

#3 KinK

KinK

Sparky

• MrPLC Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
    Canada

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

:-) If you need C200H parts let me know I have a couple of plcs that I am just sitting on and may be willing to give them up for a price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users