Forums.MrPLC.com: GX Developer connecting error - Forums.MrPLC.com

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GX Developer connecting error Error while trying to connect to PLC Rate Topic: -----

#1
User is offline   afnunes 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 13-September 12
  • Country:Portugal
    Portugal
Hi,

I have a problem with GX Developer, maybe some of you can help me.

Until last week I had some Melsoft software installed on my laptop (HP Compaq running Windows XP Professional SP2): GX Developer 8.84, GX Simulator, GX Converter and GX IEC Developer.
Because I was having some trouble connecting to a Mitsubishi A2U processor I removed GX Developer 8.84 and installed a previous version. After this change I got another problem, when trying to connect to the PLC the following error was shown: "An error occurred during setup. Please execute setup again. <ES: 0180100d>".
After this error I removed the installed version of GX Developer and replaced it with version 8.84, therefore returning to the initial software configuration. Well, nothing changed, I still had the same error message while trying to connect to the PLC.
I already removed every Melsoft software from the laptop (excluding MXChange, couldn't uninstall this one...), installed Melsoft Environment 2.04 and GX Developer 8.84 several times, but I always get the same error.

I don't know what to try next... unless to format C:... and I don't want to do that.

Thank you for your help
0

#2
User is offline   Crossbow 

  • Automation Engineer
  • Group: MrPLC Admin
  • Posts: 3,600
  • Joined: 30-January 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edge of Insanity
  • Country:United States
    United States
I would go try to remove all the registry entries related to the software and try the installation again. Sounds like something is getting left behind, or perhaps some DLL files are not the right versions.

There is no reason at all you cannot use 8.84 to talk to an A2U PLC. All versions way back through 6 (even GPP-WIN before that) talked to A Series. What kind of problem did you have that made you jump to the extreme of uninstalling and going back to older software?
0

#3
User is offline   afnunes 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 13-September 12
  • Country:Portugal
    Portugal
Thank you for your fast reply.

I usually use a Siemens PG to connect to every kind of PLC. However, I don't know why, I always had trouble connecting to A2U processors. In fact, in a universe of 13 older CPU (A2U, M2U, M2N) I can only connect to one using the PG. When trying to connect to the other 12 I always get a communication timeout error. In my first attempts I was using a USB/Serial converter and a SC-09 cable, now I'm using the later with a DB25/DB9 adapter, always with the same result.

For that reason I've been using a HP Compaq laptop to connect to older Mitsubishi PLC. Last week I tried to use it once again to connect to a A2U processor but, for my surprise, I got the same communication error as I did with the Siemens PG. In my despair to be able to change some programming on the PLC I thought that maybe some one had updated the GX Developer version on the HP laptop since the last time I used it (this is not my computer...), so I went back to older software (stupid choice, I agree).

Another interesting fact is that the communication error I was getting with the HP laptop was different wend I disconnected the laptop power source! Regarding this strange behavior, some months ago I had a similar issue while connecting to other A2U, I could only establish connection wend the laptop power source was unplugged!

I've been working with several different PLC since 2005, but only for a couple of months with Mitsubishi, so I'm no expert...

I'll try to find something on the registry entries.
0

#4
User is offline   Gambit 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 607
  • Joined: 24-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amsterdam
  • Country:Netherlands
    Netherlands

View Postafnunes, on 13 September 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hi,

I have a problem with GX Developer, maybe some of you can help me.

Until last week I had some Melsoft software installed on my laptop (HP Compaq running Windows XP Professional SP2): GX Developer 8.84, GX Simulator, GX Converter and GX IEC Developer.
Because I was having some trouble connecting to a Mitsubishi A2U processor I removed GX Developer 8.84 and installed a previous version. After this change I got another problem, when trying to connect to the PLC the following error was shown: "An error occurred during setup. Please execute setup again. <ES: 0180100d>".
After this error I removed the installed version of GX Developer and replaced it with version 8.84, therefore returning to the initial software configuration. Well, nothing changed, I still had the same error message while trying to connect to the PLC.
I already removed every Melsoft software from the laptop (excluding MXChange, couldn't uninstall this one...), installed Melsoft Environment 2.04 and GX Developer 8.84 several times, but I always get the same error.

I don't know what to try next... unless to format C:... and I don't want to do that.

Thank you for your help



ES: 0180100d is this the correct error I cannot find it in the EZsocket error list?




The Gambit
0

#5
User is offline   afnunes 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 13-September 12
  • Country:Portugal
    Portugal

View PostGambit, on 14 September 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

ES: 0180100d is this the correct error I cannot find it in the EZsocket error list?



Hi,

Yes that's the correct error code. I'm trying to connect trough serial, but I get the same result even if I choose any other connection mode.
The error message pops up right after I press "Connection test" on Transfer Setup.
0

#6
User is offline   afnunes 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 13-September 12
  • Country:Portugal
    Portugal

View PostCrossbow, on 13 September 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

I would go try to remove all the registry entries related to the software and try the installation again. Sounds like something is getting left behind, or perhaps some DLL files are not the right versions.

There is no reason at all you cannot use 8.84 to talk to an A2U PLC. All versions way back through 6 (even GPP-WIN before that) talked to A Series. What kind of problem did you have that made you jump to the extreme of uninstalling and going back to older software?



Unfortunately the registry cleanup produce no positive effects on my problem (used CCleaner).
0

#7
User is offline   kaare_t 

  • Propeller Head
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 1,282
  • Joined: 02-February 09
  • Country:Norway
    Norway
You must do it manually. Search for:
1. Melsec
2. Mitsubishi
3. Easysocket


First, remove alle Mitsu applications, then remove all keys reffering to Mitsu software as above, then re-install all software.

P.S. YOU ARE DOING REGISTRY CHANGES DIRECTLY IN THE EDITOR, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMETHING ELSE GOES WRONG!!!
0

#8
User is offline   afnunes 

  • Sparky
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: MrPLC Member
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 13-September 12
  • Country:Portugal
    Portugal

View Postkaare_t, on 14 September 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

You must do it manually. Search for:
1. Melsec
2. Mitsubishi
3. Easysocket


First, remove alle Mitsu applications, then remove all keys reffering to Mitsu software as above, then re-install all software.

P.S. YOU ARE DOING REGISTRY CHANGES DIRECTLY IN THE EDITOR, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF SOMETHING ELSE GOES WRONG!!!



Thank you! The manual cleanup worked just fine.

PS - Just hope I didn't delete anything outside Mitsubishi by accident... :)
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users