Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dave

RSLogix 5000 Install/Run Error

3 posts in this topic

Trying to reinstall RSLogix 5000 Enterprise following a major pc crash, format and fresh Windows XP Pro SP3. I've installed versions 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 17 and all looks good during the installation process. However, when I try to run it, I get 'Fatal Application Error'. The error log does say V17.00.00, source file unknown, line number -1, function/method: unknown. The logged error code is 0xe0434f4d for which it says there is no message available. I updated my .Net framework to version 4 as one forum suggested that may be related to the problem, but to no avail. I do not have a paid-for support contract with Rockwell so would be most grateful for any pointers here. I am using same install disks and licenses as before my crash when it all worked fine, so I'm assuming there must be some difference in the Windows environment somewhere ... Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Try running the EXE for each version directly from the installation directory instead of using the start up page. v17 hosed that startup page somehow.

Waterboy said: Edited by dave