Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkotronic

devicenet error 77

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of help regarding a devicenet problem on one of the machines at my workplace. Basically one of the inverter drives has stopped opperating. On the SLC 5 plc rack there is a 1747-SDN devicenet scanner module, this is showing an error 77 at node 2 Node 2 is an Allenbradley 160-DN2 devicenet communication module connected to a AB160C drive. I've tried swapping the card to another identical drive and the fault transfers with it. I have no experience of devicenet, so any help would be most apreciated. Best regards, Colin

Just as an extra! I Addressed the brand new card to Node 4 and the Error moved to Node 4. I addressed Node 4's card to Node 2 and the fault on Node 2 cleared. What are the chances of me recieving 2 broken 160-DN2 cards. I am truly stummped!

From the manual, error 77 is: DATA SIZE EXPECTED BY THE DEVICE DOES NOT MATCH THE SCAN LIST ENTRY. RECONFIGURE MODULE FOR CORRECT TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE DATA SIZES. I haven't used the 160-DN2, but have seen this same error on Armorstart drives when the I/O wasn't mapped, or was mapped differently than what the scanner was expecting.