Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tunnysting

SLC 5/05 cpu fault

6 posts in this topic

Hi, had an old machine delivered from another plant with an SLC 5/05 installed. When first powered up there is a flashing fault light on the processor. I have tried to go online via RS-232 but Linx can't see the processor. If I try the same method of going online with another 5/05 processor there isn't a problem. I was just wondering if the processor is damaged or is there something I am missing? Cheers, Lee.

You could be using the wrong driver, the default DF-1, might have been changed, try the DH-485 driver. However, if someone has changed it to ASCII, then you will have to try ethernet.

Hi Ken, I'm using the AB_DF-1 DH485 driver, it auto-configures but doesn't pick anything up. The RS232 light on the PLC blinks momentarily every now and again. I'll try ethernet but don't you have to go on via RS232 first to assign an IP address? Thanks, Lee. Edited by tunnysting

If have the backup of the program short the vbb & gnd pins this may help sometimes & try Edited by rpraveenkum

If the IP Address is not set. For ethernet most rslinx CD's ship with the BOOTP/DHCP server so you can assign IP to ethernet without using serial. If the IP Address is already set you'll need to know it.

Lee. Try Bob suggestion it have to work