Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlcDon

Omron Communication Cables

5 posts in this topic

Hello All, Can anyone tell me the part no. (P/N) for the OMRON CPU41-V1 programming cable as well as the P/N for the OMRON CPM1A programming cable ?

You can use CPM1-CIF01 adapter to 9-pin serial port and then you can make a PC cable according to specs in manual (it's the same for most Omron plcs). Regarding the first item, maybe there is some additional information? I think you can use also CQM1-CIF01 cable for CPM1A, but not sure. Edited by tashinz

Get us a whole part number for the one... CPU41 isn't complete. But CQM1-CIF01 works with CPM, CQM and others. Some newer models have gone to a smaller Toolbus port, like CS1.

hello, can i ask some question? what other communication cable should i use aside from VCTF cable..because it is difficult to find the vctf wire here in the Philippines. Thanks.

VCTF (vinyl cab tire) is basically neoprene covered insulation. Any multi-conductor cable will work fine. It does not even have to be shielded, although many people use shielded cable for extra noise immunity.