Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darren12

VBScript

2 posts in this topic

Hi, Im am quite new to VBScript, at the min im bringing up the note pad and on screen key board via push botton using VBS. What I want to do is when I close down the note pad the key board also closes and that a message is displayed asking if you want to save the note. When yes is pressed I want the note to be saved into a folder that has already been created, this is so the user does not have the option of selecting were the note goes, if anyone could help me with this task it would be great and much appreciated. Below is the script I am using to bring up the note pad and key board: dim commandLine, WshShell LaunchApp = "C:\Documents and Settings\DarrenLeslie\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Notepad" Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") WshShell.Run Chr(34) & LaunchApp & Chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) & AppParameters & Chr(34) set WshShell=nothing LaunchApp = "C:\Documents and Settings\DarrenLeslie\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Accessibility\On-Screen Keyboard" Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") WshShell.Run Chr(34) & LaunchApp & Chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) & AppParameters & Chr(34) set WshShell=nothing

Hi Darren, I'm afraid Notepad doesn't work like that, and can't be realistically made to do this. However if at first you fail...etc If all you want to do is store some text in a file in a fixed place, then actually CX-Supervisor scripts can control all that. Without more exact info I'll have to be vague, but for example: - Use a CX-Supervisor Text Point to store the data to write - Use a Display (Text) animation and Edit (Text) animation to show and edit the point value - You can wite a script e.g. on a button or "On Condition" when the Text Point changes value to write the value - look at the help for the "File Commands" If you need any specific help just add some more... Regards, BB