Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blaksun

CX-S Unit and Scale

6 posts in this topic

Good day to all, I'm currently developing on CX-Supervisor 2.11 and quite new to this SCADA package. I'm very familiar with NS Designer. My development for the application has gone fairly easy but I have one very significant problem. I use quite a few of high speed timers within my CX-programmer FB's and these time values should all be accessible via the SCADA screen. Now using the 'text' object coupled with the 'edit point value(analogue)' function via the animation editor, I've ended up with a format like this '##.#' I cannot however get the value to scale correctly. If I need to insert '1.0', I end up with '10.0'. All my points are integers. In the past using CX-Designer I used the Unit and Scale function and my scale was always set to 0.01. This would of course apply to a high speed timer within the CX-Programming environment. My question is, how could I apply a conversion factor of 0.01 for an integer? And am I able to display 10 BCD as 1.0 in the text object. Has anybody has similar issues? Being familiar with NS Designer and having to implement on CX-Supervisor. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You

Hi When you display the value, in the Expression you can put any kind of formula - e.g. integervalue/10 When you want to set the value, set a memory point and have an on-change script which sets the PLC point to the scaled value. Hope this helps Keda PS Happy New Year!!

Have you found the range / scale settings in the point editor?

Hi PdL, Yes, I have played with these setting as well.. but to no avail.. I might not be explaining my problem correctly, I'm implementing the runtime environment on a NSA12 (Dyalox) unit. When editing a value(analogue), the numeric keypad is displayed for input. If inputting a value of 1.5, the .5 is ignored and the value at the PLC will in fact be 1. How is it possible to send a inputted value of 1.5 to accepted as 15 on the PLC side? For the integer format under the point editor.. it is impossible to add any decimal values for the settings you have posted. Also, using 1.5 again, if I was to take the point name and divide it by 100 (to get my scale of 0.01) it takes the value you enter and divides it by 100. In other words.. if I input 1.5 the .5 is still ignored and I get 0.01. To get 1.5 I need to input a value of 150. But my client doesn't want this method of inputting seconds. I just can't imagine that you would need any sort of scripting to do this.. Thank you again for the replies guys.. I really do appreciate it.

Ah like that. In that case, set point type to REAL, all other settings the same. Problem solved

Hi PdL, Yup, that solves my issue 100%. Works like a charm. . Thank you very much