Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camel

Allen Bradley and SNMP

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone here know if allen bradley plc products support SNMP and which ones? Do they have there own private MIB? What is the ASN.1 address for their private MIB (if they have one)? I don't have any AB equipment to play with at the moment, or I would check myself... Thanks!! Edited by Camel

A-B Ethernet devices that support SNMP just have the common public MIB. There's an RA Knowledgebase article (TechConnect required) number 34413 that includes a summary of the various SNMP support statuses and password change mechanisms for A-B network modules. Is there a particular OID and Rockwell product you were interested in ?

I got to poking around in IANA last night and found this: 1662 Rockwell International Corporation So thier private MIB would be 1.3.6.1.4.1.1662 Dont know whats in there yet...... I dont have a login to anything ab (nor do I plan to). No, there is no specific product I am looking at. We generally install modicon plc's, but we still have a few places that have oem equipment with AB plc's that we have not had the opportunity to remove. Thanks for your help!!