Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
geomariolis

4 cpus cp1e and 1 hmi beijer over rs485

3 posts in this topic

Hi i want to connect all 4 cpus(cp1e 40s) to the hmi(beijer ixt10a) over rs485. I don't want the cpus to communicate each other, but i need all of them to exchange data with the hmi. How can i do that. Do i have to make master/slaves and from the polled plc to exchange all the data or if i don't set up anything in the plc's i can communicate each one with the hmi if i set the nodes to each plc and the hmi(for four controllers). I mean i will just wire them and set the hmi that there are 4 controllers, i will set node 0,1,2,3 and after set the hmi to these nodes. Is it going to be any problem between the plcs that aren't programmed to communicate each other and will be wired with rs485? Thanks

Not familiar with that HMI, but all you should have to do it set the node numbers, and when creating your screens you tell each object which controller to talk to by node number.

I do not have the Beijer software on my computer at the moment but basically, if I remember correctly as I do not use them normally, you set up w hosts with their IP addresses and then attach your graphics,numreall windows etc to the correct address in the correct host.