Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

Modbus to F700 series VFD

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect an HMI direct to a Mits F700 inverter and talk via Modbus. I can connect, and read/write to any of the parameters (41000 - 41900) with no problem. The problem starts when I try to write to any of the modbus regs that control it, namely speed/hertz value register 40014. I can read it fine, but when I try to write to it it returns an exception error. I have put aside the HMI and am using Modscan right now and I get the same thing - read OK, write doesn't go. I am tapping the data, the request goes out with function 06 (it looks just like the parameter writes) but returns 86 with a code of 03, which I think means bad data but I dont think so as I am reading a value like 4555 (which is 45.55 hz) and I try to write the same value, or even a value like 3535 it throws an exception. Anyone come accross this? I have successfully used a QJ71MB91 to write to these drives and never had any problem, and I know the 'MB91 card also uses function 06.

I used a FX3U with the FX3U-485-BD card to communicate with the VFD inverter without problem. But I had to write to register 40013 to reach 40014 for the speed setting, due to that Modbus register addressing starts with 1 and PLC registers starts with 0. To reach the CW at 40009 did I specify 40008. Have you tried to offset your addressing with 1 ? Sorry, just checked the type of inverter I used, it was the FRD 700 for that project. But it will not surprise me if the registers are the same. I remember that I had to specify in the inverter that it should be controlled (CW) via modbus, and also that the target frequency was via modbus.

Its not an offset issue, I've been through all that. I am aware of Param 549=1 to enable Modbus, otherwise it wouldn't work at all. I have successfully used the 485-BD card and the Q series 'MB91 to communicate with the drive. Whats stumping me, is everything works - can read/write to any parameter, read status (hz, amps, volts, etc) read any CW or control register, its just when I try to write to a control register (which are MB regs 40005 - 40015) it fails. I have reset all VFD params and started fresh with defaults thinking maybe a param was disabling it, no luck.

Thanks for the help, I may have found the issue - I did a param all-clear and reset just the relevant params in the VFD for comms. I'm not sure which parameter was holding me up, although this VFD is a bench test unit and its always getting played around with techs testing various things (including me!)

Hello,

i have the same problem. Did you find what is the parameter what you need change?

Luiz