Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ct8356

Is the symbol table stored in the project folder? Where?

4 posts in this topic

For some reason, some of the symbol names and comments in my symbol table in my project have disappeared. They are present in a previous version of my project. I would like to copy the symbol table from the old project version into the new project version. Can I do this by simply copying a few files from the old project folder into the new project folder? Which ones?

Open the "bad" project symbol table and delete all symbols. Open the "good" project symbol table and press CTRL + A (Select all). Then Press CTRL + C (Copy). Go back to the "bad" project and open the now empty symbol table. Press CTRL + V (Paste). A window will pop up confirming to which Host (There will only be one option unless you have multiple hosts) you would like to apply the pasted symbols. Then save the "bad" file and it is now "good".
1 person likes this

I have opened the "bad" symbol table from the Common Setting pane, and I tried to delete the symbols by right clicking on one and clicking "delete". It asks me if I would like to save, I click yes. It saves, but then none of the symbols are deleted. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure, I just hit CTRL+A to select all and then press the delete key.