Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

Read software limits of G5 servo.

3 posts in this topic

Is it possible to read (and maybe write) the software limit values of a G5 servo from NJ code? It appears that PDO entry 607D would allow this, but how can I read/write to it? I don't seem able to map that entry to I/O. Thanks.

Those two parameters cannot be PDO Mapped, as shown in yellow in the table from the R88D-KN-ECT drive below: The green highlighter shows that you can read and write the parameter however. To do this, you would need to look into using the EC_CoESDOWrite and EC_CoESDORead FBs in Sysmac Studio. SDO stands for Service Data Object and would be an asynchronous type command, that is, you would read it or write it when you need to do so. As opposed to a PDO (Process Data Object) which is written to or read from the drive every period of the EtherCAT network.
1 person likes this

The NJ also has commands to read and write servo parameters, not sure if those would work for you here. I haven't looked at what data they can read and write. Check out: MC_ReadAxisParameter MC_WriteAxisParameter These came about in Sysmac Studio 1.09 and NJ firmware 1.08, so may not be available options if you have an older CPU.